Today, RIM released the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app version 3.0 in Canada, the US and the UK on BlackBerry App World
. The free app simplifies joining and scheduling conference calls from BlackBerry smartphones and now supports phone number formats from the U.K., in addition to phone number formats in the US and Canada.
Key features of BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing:
- Join Now Button– The BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app adds a button to calendar reminders on your BlackBerry smartphone that can dial you in to a call with one click. If the invite includes multiple dial-in numbers for different locations, the app can choose the most appropriate one for you (within Canada, the US and the UK only).
- Reconnect – Reconnect with one click if you’re disconnected or need to drop off a conference call.
- Easy Conference Scheduling – You can schedule a conference call complete with conference bridge details directly from the BlackBerry Calendar in an easy two-step process. To enable this capability, you can set your conference call profile once in the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app, including dial-in numbers and access codes, and then simply add the profile as part of the calendar invitation. (The moderator code is kept hidden from participants in the calendar invitation.) Many of the leading audio conferencing systems are supported.
- Optimal Conference Call Number Selection – If multiple dial-in numbers are provided to accommodate participants in different regions, the application can automatically choose an optimal number to use, such as using the local number if you’re within the local calling area rather than a toll-free number; or a toll-free number if the dial-in number would otherwise be long distance. You can also select or modify a specific dial-in number manually.
New features available in version 3.0 include:
- Convert an email to a meeting invite – Help put an end to long email threads by scheduling a conference call with email participants with just a few clicks. The sender and recipients of the email are included as meeting attendees, the email subject becomes your meeting subject and part of the email message is copied into your invite automatically. Just add your conference call details from a stored profile, click send and you’re set.
‘tell a friend’ for sharing the app through BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), Facebook, Twitter, email and instant messaging; and access to help videos from the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing icon on your BlackBerry smartphone. RIM also welcomes feedback which can be shared via the Mobile Conferencing icon from your BlackBerry.
BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing ships with BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 7.1 OS in the US and Canada. Customers with BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 7 OS or earlier can download the app from BlackBerry App World
To view a video of BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing in action, click here: Using BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing 3.0 (Official Demo Video) - YouTube
For more information about BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing visit: www.blackberry.com/mobileconferencing