BBM Ghost Avatars
This is definitely something fun, recently I noticed some of the contacts on my BBM had some ghost-like avatars that at first appeared like a standard icon but changed to a different image when highlighted. Being the curious guy that i am, I decided to snoop around and I came across a whole bunch of these cool avatars eg Superman, Mario, Spider-man, Wonder-woman, Batman etc. Not only are they fun, they are also simple enough to make as they are just images created with different layers so that they appear hidden until highlighted. Here is a simple enough step to take if you want to make yours.
Open Photo-shop CS4 and then;
- Open a new document, say 150pixel by 150pixel and 72 pixel/inch as your resolution
- Get your first layer. It will say Background and a lock beside it
- right click and click "Layer from background" and then just click ok.
- Now right click the layer and choose "Blending Options"
- Find "Color Overlay" check the box beside it and Click the word "Color Overlay" to select it.
- Set blend mode to multiply, set the color to white, set opacity to 0% and Click Ok
- Set the Fill to 0%
- Now create a new layer CTRL+SHIFT+N
- Type in the word you want to be in the picture make sure the color is White
- to edit color, go to "Image" located on on the top menu
- after that Choose "Adjustment" then choose "Threshold"
- Setting the threshold level to how you want the image to look, you can then turn it into Black and White
- when you are finished you need to delete all the black color
- Using the Magic wand tool will help remove the Black colors
- Once you're done, save the file
- To save Click File > Save for Web & Devices
- Save it as PNG-24 make sure the transparency is check and matte is white
To save you the trouble of doing all that (i never completed it myself) My buddy Techrevive from ThemesInMotion has made over 200 of them FREE.You can get them HERE or If you need one made for you ASAP, BBMPics (some icons have very strong language. parental guidance suggested.) can get it done for you for just $5 and they promise to deliver within 24 hours.
If you do end of making some we would love to see your creative work....
That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing!
Really cool and loving ma ww avatar
Posted via mobile device
the avater is ok bt they r really tiring nice post:)
really cool - especially the tips on how to make mine , plus the free ones are amazing ! thanks a million and keep up the good work !
Originally Posted by Neolantis
Originally Posted by amaka
Im glad you guys like it :cool2:
Originally Posted by jaenie
Thanks, if you do end up making any i would love to see them :)
Originally Posted by sliim101
A%20N%20D%20Y%20%E2%88%99%CC%87%CC%A3%E2%88%99%CC% 87%CC%A3%E2%88%99%CC%87%CC%A3%E2%88%99%CC%87%C.jpg (28.2 KB)