Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 25

  1. #1
    xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MS, USA
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    81

    Send Location...... Does it work anymore?

    I was wandering it I haven't got something turn on that I should. I have a 9550 and for the longest time ( even when i had my 9530) the Send Location wasn't working. It would just say "searching for satellites". my Location is turned on and other GPS apps work fine like bb maps and Google maps. whats the issue?



  2. #2
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    I was wandering it I haven't got something turn on that I should. I have a 9550 and for the longest time ( even when i had my 9530) the Send Location wasn't working. It would just say "searching for satellites". my Location is turned on and other GPS apps work fine like bb maps and Google maps. whats the issue?
    I don't remember this...what were you doing when this Send Location did work? I've had both S1 and now S2...though I didn't use BBM on my S1..and I have never seen this..best as I can remember.


  3. #3
    xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MS, USA
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I don't remember this...what were you doing when this Send Location did work? I've had both S1 and now S2...though I didn't use BBM on my S1..and I have never seen this..best as I can remember.
    It was on my S1 and it probably was before BBM 5.0 leaked the first time. I'm guess the BBM that came with S1 OS 4.7.0.75 from the factory. Not sure. lol. that's why I'm wondering if i f-u-b-a-r-ed something and didn't know it.



  4. #4
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    I figured it out.

    Open BBM...pick a contact...press BB key..hit Send Location.

    try that...it works.


  5. #5
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    the system should work. I just tried it out with Orio and it worked. If blackberry maps works it should work.



  6. #6
    xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MS, USA
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    81
    I'm must have got something setup wrong. I'm running BBM 5.0.0.57. BB maps is working. I can track my location with BBmaps. I however cannot send location in BBM . it says searching for satellites and then times out. Unable to retrieve current location. ????

  7. #7
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    If you go to options> advanced options> maps> default service should be BlackBerry maps and address recognition should read on . Does it?

  8. #8
    xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MS, USA
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    If you go to options> advanced options> maps> default service should be BlackBerry maps and address recognition should read on . Does it?

    It does.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •