Theme fix for 5.0.0328 on the 9530
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Theme fix for 5.0.0328 on the 9530

  1. #1
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times

    Theme fix for 5.0.0328 on the 9530

    OK, I am seeing a lot of people still asking about the theme fix for 328. So it's time for a quick tutorial. If you are not familiar with the theme problem, it's pretty much just white bars on the left and right side of a theme when rotated to landscape mode. See bleow:





    But there is a fairly easy fix for this. First you will need to change the default wallpaper to one of your own. Or if you want to keep the wallpaper of the theme, just check with the theme developer to see if they can provide you with the wallpaper. Then while on the app screen hit the BB button and select "Options". Click on the wallpaper tab.



    Navigate to the wallpaper you wish to use. In this case I will use this one:




    Now back out to the homescreen and rotate to landscape. Well, we aren't fixed yet are we? Almost. Now go back to the same Options menu where we changed the wallpaper. This time click on the layout tab.


    Now change it from 2 rows to "Today". Hit the back key and select "Save". Go to the homescreen and back to the app screen. Now repeat but this time change the layout back to "2 Rows". Exit and save and enjoy your working theme.

    Now here is the big BUMMER! The process of changing from Today to 2 Rows has to happen everytime you restart. You do not have to change the wallpaper though.
    It's a pain in the arse but at least it fixes it. Hope you find this helpful.





    Last edited by Natemz; 10-31-2009 at 07:52 AM.


    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz


  2. #2
    styx's Avatar
    styx is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    Pin
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.436
    Posts
    43
    Liked
    0 times
    Actually if you go to the apps screen.... BB button/options and change it from 2 rows -> 3 rows (save) then back to 2 rows (and save) it does the same thing..... just a few less steps.

  3. #3
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by styx View Post
    Actually if you go to the apps screen.... BB button/options and change it from 2 rows -> 3 rows (save) then back to 2 rows (and save) it does the same thing..... just a few less steps.
    Doesnt work for me. I have to change the wallpaper. You sure?
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  4. #4
    Ewan500 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Ewan500 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    PIN
    3097771A
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    Thx uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    johnmc98683 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PIN
    30548B54
    Device
    storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times

    Talking

    Quote - Or if you want to keep the wallpaper of the theme, just check with the theme developer to see if they can provide you with the wallpaper. End Quote

    Since you mentioned it - I'd really like to get the Black_n_White ProV3 wallpaper. I've looked all over and can't find it. The Blak wallpaper just doesn't look right.

    Thanks.

    John

  6. #6
    asnyder's Avatar
    asnyder is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3048D6B0
    Device
    9530
    OS
    The newest one
    Posts
    131
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Doesnt work for me. I have to change the wallpaper. You sure?

    It works for me too. I initially changed my default wallpaper, now all I have to do is change it from 2 rows to 3 then back to 2. No more changing the wallpaper.

    I'm using your Blak n' Grey theme with a pic of my girls.

  7. #7
    Drukan's Avatar
    Drukan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Liked
    0 times
    FYI... i just plugged my phone in to my PC and ran DM... and i got an UPDATE!!...
    "BlackBerry 5.0 OS core applications" !!!

    I ran UPDATE NOW.... and i noticed the apps it was updating... were all the THEME apps (ie all the cods that run the default theme)
    Im rebooting now, but ill update to let you know if this "update" made any difference!

    edit: seems to have frozen on the boot screen..with the progress bar at 100%. -waiting-....
    Last edited by Drukan; 10-30-2009 at 07:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asnyder View Post
    It works for me too. I initially changed my default wallpaper, now all I have to do is change it from 2 rows to 3 then back to 2. No more changing the wallpaper.

    I'm using your Blak n' Grey theme with a pic of my girls.
    Yes, sorry. I think I might have worded it wrong. You only have to change the default wallpaper once. :cool2:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  9. #9
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    FYI... i just plugged my phone in to my PC and ran DM... and i got an UPDATE!!...
    "BlackBerry 5.0 OS core applications" !!!

    I ran UPDATE NOW.... and i noticed the apps it was updating... were all the THEME apps (ie all the cods that run the default theme)
    Im rebooting now, but ill update to let you know if this "update" made any difference!

    edit: seems to have frozen on the boot screen..with the progress bar at 100%. -waiting-....
    No update plugging mine in...
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  10. #10
    dbcras's Avatar
    dbcras is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow dbcras On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    PIN
    I got one
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Newest
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    0 times
    Got mine to work just as you said. My update did not fix the problem so not sure what the update of the 5.0 core apps did. I do know that deleting 5.0 core apps was not a good idea - it does effect other things.

  11. #11
    awill300's Avatar
    awill300 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GA
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Hybrid
    Posts
    354
    Liked
    5 times
    you da man!!!

  12. #12
    Drukan's Avatar
    Drukan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Liked
    0 times
    OK im not sure what my phones doin... but everytime i plug it in it tries to update the plazmic media engine cods... so i dunno. Though just maybe it was a fix... but No ...

    Now i gotta find out why my phone keeps doin it... (one more reason to go DROID...lol)

  13. #13
    bb9530 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PIN
    3050XXXX
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Running OS 5.0.0.3XX
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    0 times
    woooo!!! Excellent :hail::hail:
    Running OS 5.0.0.3XX

  14. #14
    dfran1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Verizon 9530
    OS
    3.5.1
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you all!!!!! You are all the best!!!!!

    I had to play with mine a couple of times but it is good now!!!

    I am using appleberry dark, working good so far, I just upgraded (from 148 to the official latest) using the blackberry desktop manager last night, I just can not get one game to work so far-going to reload the game.

    I hope this radio holds on to the signal (a lot less dropped calls in weak areas) otherwise I am going to give up on blackberries.

    Thanks to all:hail:

  15. #15
    baadams52 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    PIN
    304coc6e
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    It works Yes!!!!!!!

    Thanks

  16. #16
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes it does work as a temporary fix
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

  17. #17
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    How you came up with this Nate, I will never know, nicely done...great trick. Worked perfectly...I hated having to go back to the original zen theme.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  18. #18
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    How you came up with this Nate, I will never know, nicely done...great trick. Worked perfectly...I hated having to go back to the original zen theme.
    I cannot take credit for it. There were several users here that found it. I just wrote it up for easy access.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  19. #19
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    OK, I am seeing a lot of people still asking about the theme fix for 328. So it's time for a quick tutorial. If you are not familiar with the theme problem, it's pretty much just white bars on the left and right side of a theme when rotated to landscape mode. See bleow:





    But there is a fairly easy fix for this. First you will need to change the default wallpaper to one of your own. Or if you want to keep the wallpaper of the theme, just check with the theme developer to see if they can provide you with the wallpaper. Then while on the app screen hit the BB button and select "Options". Click on the wallpaper tab.



    Navigate to the wallpaper you wish to use. In this case I will use this one:




    Now back out to the homescreen and rotate to landscape. Well, we aren't fixed yet are we? Almost. Now go back to the same Options menu where we changed the wallpaper. This time click on the layout tab.


    Now change it from 2 rows to "Today". Hit the back key and select "Save". Go to the homescreen and back to the app screen. Now repeat but this time change the layout back to "2 Rows". Exit and save and enjoy your working theme.

    Now here is the big BUMMER! The process of changing from Today to 2 Rows has to happen everytime you restart. You do not have to change the wallpaper though.
    It's a pain in the arse but at least it fixes it. Hope you find this helpful.





    Hello Nate,

    Thanks for the walk through. I was having trouble getting your new theme OTA on my device. Any other suggetions to getting this or can you repost the OTA link and I will try it again?
    P. Blakeney

  20. #20
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    So how do these guys: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/s...l-designs.html
    manage to make themes that run perfectly on 5.0.0.328 OS?
    I downloaded all three of these themes, Iris, Hemisphere and Forge and they work fine without any white bars and adjustments needed.

    Have they discovered something that no one else has?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •