How To Change: OS 5.0 USB Sounds
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How To Change: OS 5.0 USB Sounds

  1. #1
    scoot05redss is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    249e6425
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times

    How To Change: OS 5.0 USB Sounds

    So I've notice since I installed 5.0, I've been hearing the faint sounds when plugging in my usb/chargers. And then the other day, while playing with FileScout, I found where the Notifier sounds were! In the same fashion as making custom folder icons, I wondered if I could change them and the phone would play a different sound. So I found some the startup/shutdown/usp connect/usb disconnect sounds from XP. They were in .wav format. A quick google search and I found a converter that would allow me to change it to .m4a (the format of the default sounds). I converted the sounds and the renamed them the same as the file on the phone. For good measure, using FileScout, I copied the default sounds to my SD card in case I ever wanted them back. So I moved the XP sounds to my SD card. Using FileScout, I copied the XP files to the selection stack. Then you go to>Store>System>Accessibility and there they are. **Now you do have to have FilesScout set up to show hidden folder. BB Button>Options>General Settings> Check Show hidden files & directories. **Once in the Accessibility folder Copy or Move the selection to this folder. If it says the file already exists, Change the option under general settings that says "When Destination Exist:" to Overwrite Destination. Save that and the recopy the selection to the accessibility folder. Now close FileScout and test it out! I only change the connected, disconnected, power on, and power off. Just for an added bonus, I'm gonna through in the XP sounds that I used already converted and named ready to be moved into the folder! Enjoy guys and please let me know what you think!

    I've only tried this on my bold running 5.0.0.238, I'm not certain if it'll work on other models. Let me know if you guys can get it to work!

    Here's a preview of how mine works!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Natemz; 10-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.




  2. #2
    jiveberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    chicago
    PIN
    262731CC
    Device
    9700
    OS
    5.0.0.371
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    1 times
    thats cool thanks dude

  3. #3
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scoot05redss View Post
    So I've notice since I installed 5.0, I've been hearing the faint sounds when plugging in my usb/chargers. And then the other day, while playing with FileScout, I found where the Notifier sounds were! In the same fashion as making custom folder icons, I wondered if I could change them and the phone would play a different sound. So I found some the startup/shutdown/usp connect/usb disconnect sounds from XP. They were in .wav format. A quick google search and I found a converter that would allow me to change it to .m4a (the format of the default sounds). I converted the sounds and the renamed them the same as the file on the phone. For good measure, using FileScout, I copied the default sounds to my SD card in case I ever wanted them back. So I moved the XP sounds to my SD card. Using FileScout, I copied the XP files to the selection stack. Then you go to>Store>System>Accessibility and there they are. **Now you do have to have FilesScout set up to show hidden folder. BB Button>Options>General Settings> Check Show hidden files & directories. **Once in the Accessibility folder Copy or Move the selection to this folder. If it says the file already exists, Change the option under general settings that says "When Destination Exist:" to Overwrite Destination. Save that and the recopy the selection to the accessibility folder. Now close FileScout and test it out! I only change the connected, disconnected, power on, and power off. Just for an added bonus, I'm gonna through in the XP sounds that I used already converted and named ready to be moved into the folder! Enjoy guys and please let me know what you think!

    I've only tried this on my bold running 5.0.0.238, I'm not certain if it'll work on other models. Let me know if you guys can get it to work!

    Here's a preview of how mine works!
    YouTube - Bold Charging Sounds
    Nice post scoot, thanks for the posting instructions and the BBXP sounds, I'm sure some of the members will give this a try

  4. #4
    scoot05redss is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    249e6425
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    Not a Problem, I was really excited when I got it to work. The sounds are limitless! Anything that can be converted to .m4a can be used!!!
    Last edited by scoot05redss; 10-10-2009 at 11:16 PM.

  5. #5
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by scoot05redss
    Not a Problem, I was really excited when I got it to work. The sounds are limitless! Anything that can be converted to .m4a can be used!!!
    Does filescout work with 5.0 or namely 5.0.0.230 now? Guess I'll go try it out.

  6. #6
    scoot05redss is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    249e6425
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Does filescout work with 5.0 or namely 5.0.0.230 now? Guess I'll go try it out.
    YEs, I've been using BBFilescout which changed it's name to FileScout since .167 and now I'm on 5.0.0.238. Seems to be working perfectly.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •