How To Fix MMS Forwarding Problems on Builds .86 through .132
- Here is the fix for those of you that get the blank shaded box when tring to forward an MMS picture message.
1. Download and install Crackutil
2. Download mms.cod file Zip File
3. Unzip and drop the net_rim_bb_mms.cod file in the directory C/Program Files/Crackutil
4. Right click on Crackutil desktop icon, and select "Run as Aministrator"
5. Select FILE MANIPULATION - INTERMEDIATE
6. Select Load File to Device
7. Navigate to and select net_rim_bb_mms.cod
8. Let the phone reboot and your mms problem is fixed.
For those of you having problems with Crackutil, here is the alternate way. Try using this method. It was how to fix it before the crackutil was discovered. Now keep in mine this is re installing you OS, so for safety, back up your phone.
1. Make a backup of data with D.M
2. Must have your OS installed on computer and phone
3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.xxx*\Java
4. Delete net_rim_bb_mms.cod
5. Plug in phone and run loader it will remove mms from phone, phone will restart with an error thats ok just leave it sit that way and up plug from usb
6. Go back to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.xxx*\Java
7. Copy the .100 net_rim_bb_mms.cod file in the directory
8. Plug phone back in run loader phone will update and install that mms.cod and restart.
9. After phone restarts go to D.M and restore backup then send host routing table
10. Pull battery put battery back phone restarts
11. MMS will send with pictures or forward old mms with pictures
* is your loaded OS
1. The mms.cod file I have is from .100, but the .86 mms.cod file works also.
2. Vista users make sure you install Crackutil as Administrator and change Compatability to Run this program as an administrator.
If you do not feel comfortable with ANY of these steps DO NOT ATTEMPT, as this is altering you OS and can brick your phone...
Tags for this Thread