I tried and at first my 9700 seemed more responsive for some reason. I received a few connection errors but after a re-boot those errors were gone. It seems to stable and everything but the only thing is, is that it simply doesn't work. I followed the instrUctions word for word. I do have the net browser which seems faster when loading pages but the download limit is still there. I will restore my device and try again. Ill report again.
It is now pointless if you update to the newest OS. I'm on a 9930 and have never had the problem since I last used my 9650(OS5). I updated my 9650 to OS6 and my browser let me download 200mb+ files. So, just update and you should be good.