Thanks for all the info, but mine REFUSES to accept any software! I have tried BBSAK, which after about 40 tries, refuses to see my phone. I have done all the necessary described in this thread....nothing! To me it seems as if my phone was wiped, when I sent it in for "repairs" and was told it would not load software. I refused to accept that it could not be fixed and wanted to load new software, but no matter what I try....
My observation are as follow:
- BBSAK does not connect to my phone...WTF!
- DT sees my phone for what it is :BB9530 goes through the motions but refuses to load, battery in or out. Screen stays black, just red light.
- I cannot get the Apploader to give me the message :USB: Unknown. I get USB:31051B15, which is the pin of the phone. I've tried pulling the battery, inserting USB and clicking next simultaneously, etc many, many times....
- I have done the command prompt... C:\.....RIM...\No JVM...etc. Nothing
- All I get when trying to force the Apploader is "Cannot load...etc....." Image attached
What remains, apart from smashing the unit against a brick wall?!
p.s. I bought the unit in Dubai (reconditioned, I think....) and it worked perfectly for 2 - 3 months. One day I just got the dreaded "error 507 reload software" message and since then no amount of forcing would allow me to reload the OS....
Last edited by wynandd; 11-27-2012 at 06:35 AM.
This means you have not downloaded and installed a device os to your pc. Device os's are downloaded and installed separately from the desktop software. Click the downloads tab at the top and download and install an os to your pc. Or, if you have installed an os, you have the wrong device model os installed or have not deleted the vendors.xml file from your system.
Last edited by wynandd; 11-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.
11-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Hello Wynandd, a couple tips that may help you in installing the OS...
1. When you open up the loader.exe, right click on icon and select "Run As Administrator"
2. Sometimes getting BBSAK to recognize a device can be tricky. Try unplugging USB while the program is open and re-plugging it back in. Or try opening the program first and then plug in device. I remember I had issues once with this.
3. Sometimes there are two vendor.xml files that need deleted. See here... How To search for & delete your vendor.xml file.
Keep us posted if you are able to make progress.
11-28-2012, 03:19 AM
Just a question, is the BB USB cable proprieratory, or do can I use any USB that fits BB??
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
You can use any micro usb cable.
Originally Posted by wynandd
11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
did you run the installer for the os? the screen shot shows the os installer.
Also, are you positive you have a 9530?
Last edited by BBSuperAbuser; 11-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.
12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
hi, just a question.... i just tried updating my blackberry 9000 with os5. it got stuck in the last part and it wont complete the process. worst is it wont turn itself on saying it has no more os. what can i do to fix this? please help
Tags for this Thread