All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos - Page 9
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 444

Thread: All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

  1. #161
    dun7ez is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    Storm 2 (9550)
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times
    i did it...same thing. ah...man...whats going!?!?!? I installed 2 leaked OS's before. Why is it so hard with this i dont understand.




  2. #162
    dun7ez is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    Storm 2 (9550)
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok...i got it!

    Thank you guys for the help! I was really surprised with this kinda activity! Thank you for your time!

    And i am apologizing for my English, if something was wrong

    All i had to do was ...run loader as administrator....that's it... lol

  3. #163
    ShimmyShine's Avatar
    ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gowen, Michigan
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dun7ez View Post
    Ok...i got it!

    Thank you guys for the help! I was really surprised with this kinda activity! Thank you for your time!

    And i am apologizing for my English, if something was wrong

    All i had to do was ...run loader as administrator....that's it... lol
    Lol, i told you :P

    Glad you got it figured out
    Last edited by ShimmyShine; 03-18-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

  4. #164
    dun7ez is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    Storm 2 (9550)
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    0 times
    haha i lol'd too

    And the worse part about it is that i spend so much time, pretty much killed my evening for nothing. There are no any obvious changes from .428

  5. #165
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Great work Shimmy, I have updated the original posts to reflect this solution. Thanks

    Glad you got it working dun7ez...congrats.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  6. #166
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    i too am having a similar issue. i have done the same steps and cant upload any os past the stock one for my tour. the only thing that has change from previous installs is that i updated my dm to the latest last week and i was wanting to check out the .591. until then all i had to do was just dl the leaked os, goto my dm, go into app loader and click on update software and it did it all from there, backup(including 3rd), load the os and re-install backup
    Last edited by rounsy222; 03-30-2010 at 03:50 PM.

  7. #167
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    oh, is there another utility that works like bbsak, for some reason it doesnt play well with my comp and phone and with the new dm i cant backup my 3rd party apps?

  8. #168
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    oh, is there another utility that works like bbsak, for some reason it doesnt play well with my comp and phone and with the new dm i cant backup my 3rd party apps?
    You can go back to the other DM, what is the problem that is occurring?

    Which step is giving you the problem?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  9. #169
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    oh, is there another utility that works like bbsak, for some reason it doesnt play well with my comp and phone and with the new dm i cant backup my 3rd party apps?
    Yes there is. I use Blackberry Master Control Program...and you can get it on their site...and you can get it here.

    BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP): Downloads / Beta Releases / BlackBerry Master Control Program 0.9.3.0 Beta 6

    I have beta 7...but can't remember how I got it...:crazy: But, I really don't see any difference in it and Beta 6.

    I like it better than BBSAK and it works well with 3rd party apps...play with it some.

    The link I provided has for the download...after downloading, click the HOME tab and then click the line near the top that says "Click HERE for details on what MCP is and what it does "

    Check it out....

  10. #170
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    the new dm just doesn't recognize the the higher build number where on the last version all i had to do was just have a newer build loaded and plug in my tour and i would pop up with new software available and give me the option to what os i wanted to dl. now even after i have gone thru and delete the old os then it wont even recognize the new one, it only gives me the option to downgrade to 4.7 which i cant even find on my tower anywhere. i have uninstalled the dm twice, reboot after each uninstall and install uninstalled the os off the tower, redownloaded and reinstalled 3 different os's, the .530(which i want back badly!), the.571 and the .591. the only on i can get towork is the stock sprint .484 which drives me crazy! and as far as the bbsak, i haven't been able to get that to work, different verions, etc for a long time now(long string of post in thebbsak cat). i will try crack utility and try another fresh dl, wipe(if i can get my apps backed up) and see what happens. how/where can i get the other dm, the one that was out before the latest updated one? thanks.

  11. #171
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    the new dm just doesn't recognize the the higher build number where on the last version all i had to do was just have a newer build loaded and plug in my tour and i would pop up with new software available and give me the option to what os i wanted to dl. now even after i have gone thru and delete the old os then it wont even recognize the new one, it only gives me the option to downgrade to 4.7 which i cant even find on my tower anywhere. i have uninstalled the dm twice, reboot after each uninstall and install uninstalled the os off the tower, redownloaded and reinstalled 3 different os's, the .530(which i want back badly!), the.571 and the .591. the only on i can get towork is the stock sprint .484 which drives me crazy! and as far as the bbsak, i haven't been able to get that to work, different verions, etc for a long time now(long string of post in thebbsak cat). i will try crack utility and try another fresh dl, wipe(if i can get my apps backed up) and see what happens. how/where can i get the other dm, the one that was out before the latest updated one? thanks.
    I don't use desktop manager except to backup my data...before I throw a new os / hybrid on my BB. Try Blackberry (MCP)...my previous thread. I like it...use it every time.

  12. #172
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    oh, is there another utility that works like bbsak, for some reason it doesnt play well with my comp and phone and with the new dm i cant backup my 3rd party apps?
    here is a thread...and I think at the end of it is link for beta v.7

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/s...l-program.html


  13. #173
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    k just downloaded v6, did it before your last post. checking it out now.

  14. #174
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    k just downloaded v6, did it before your last post. checking it out now.
    I don't notice any difference.

  15. #175
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    wow. i dont what was different, but i backed up with bbmcp and that worked, ran the loader from there and that load the os and then it even restored everything!!!! wow. thanks orio! i am now converted. never could get bbsak to work right outside of wiping. you were spot on!

  16. #176
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    wow. i dont what was different, but i backed up with bbmcp and that worked, ran the loader from there and that load the os and then it even restored everything!!!! wow. thanks orio! i am now converted. never could get bbsak to work right outside of wiping. you were spot on!
    Haha...happens sometimes. Glad it worked for you...I really like the app.
    Posted via mobile device

  17. #177
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Haha...happens sometimes. Glad it worked for you...I really like the app.
    Posted via mobile device
    A bit overwhelming at first but once I read through wasn't so bad. Thanks again. I can actually use my phone again!
    Posted via mobile device

  18. #178
    itzleon is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow itzleon On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    PIN
    312339BA
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Neo, kind of new to BBos and i had a question.

    I tried to wipe my device after following the previous steps. BBsak would not wipe my device. an error keeps coming up. I am going to restart my computer not to see if that what the issue is. But besides that...what can i do?

  19. #179
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itzleon View Post
    Neo, kind of new to BBos and i had a question.

    I tried to wipe my device after following the previous steps. BBsak would not wipe my device. an error keeps coming up. I am going to restart my computer not to see if that what the issue is. But besides that...what can i do?
    What was the error that came up?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  20. #180
    AKB
    AKB is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    PIN
    Ask 4 it.
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Help! I have followed the steps as specified here BUT when clicking on 'Wipe Device' I get the prompt that it is a low-level function, then I click Yes.

    The BB flashes white and then after a while I get 'Wipe Completed', but the phone does not re-boot and all is still the same with the BB. It runs normally!!! Anything else to do to Uninstall the OS???

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •