Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 289 to 296 of 449

  1. #289
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Hi! I don't think I still have the old OS files. And I also forgot what OS6 version I was in last time. Are there any other way? I can't figure out why it's not working anymore. Is this normal? I've upgraded 2 phones before and now this happens..
    I heard that it may have to do with the new Desktop Manager. Try going back a version in Desktop Manager and see if that works.



  2. #290
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Attachment 2090 This is the message that I'm getting everytime I run Loader.exe. I've updated my 9700 before from OS5 to OS6 and everything worked out fine but now this happens.
    Same thing happened to me. Try the OS folder trick, or try a older version of DM.

  3. #291
    flipward is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    PIN
    2736988F
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6.0.0.570 (2534)
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Try the OS folder trick, or try a older version of DM.
    Since I don't have the old OS files, can I just rename the new OS files to look like the old OS files? How can I do this, is this even possible? Thanks..



  4. #292
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Since I don't have the old OS files, can I just rename the new OS files to look like the old OS files? How can I do this, is this even possible? Thanks..
    What was the old OS you were using?, we probably have it in our Downloads Center. If not, I'll help you find it.

  5. #293
    allejo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Device
    9930
    OS
    7
    Posts
    4
    Hi guys,
    i am really in a tight dilemma here.

    i have a bold 9780
    bbsak 1.911
    dm 6.1.0.34

    i have also download the ff Os;
    V6.0.0.650 (also the leaked version)
    V6.0.0.600
    and currently downloading V6.0.0.576. My phone from is from MTN south Africa and i upgraded it to V6.0.0.570 2 weeks ago wen i bought it. i have carried out steps 1 to 3 successfully and my phone has a white screen. i have tried all the OS listed above but the loader keeps telling me there is no software installed in my computer......blah blah, i have uninstalled, installed and re-installed (ensuring that i only have one OS at a time and also deleting the vendor file) but up to this time, i have not been able to upgrade my phone.

    i want to try the following:

    try using a different PC and using an older DM than version 6.1.0.34(any ideas where i can get that?)

    any input will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by allejo; 09-12-2011 at 12:37 PM.



  6. #294
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    try what you said....start with an official version first. That's what i would do.

    Quote Originally Posted by allejo View Post
    Hi guys,
    i am really in a tight dilemma here.

    i have a bold 9780
    bbsak 1.911
    dm 6.1.0.34

    i have also download the ff Os;
    V6.0.0.650 (also the leaked version)
    V6.0.0.600
    and currently downloading V6.0.0.576. My phone from is from MTN south Africa and i upgraded it to V6.0.0.570 2 weeks ago wen i bought it. i have carried out steps 1 to 3 successfully and my phone has a white screen. i have tried all the OS listed above but the loader keeps telling me there is no software installed in my computer......blah blah, i have uninstalled, installed and re-installed (ensuring that i only have one OS at a time and also deleting the vendor file) but up to this time, i have not been able to upgrade my phone.

    i want to try the following:

    try using a different PC and using an older DM than version 6.1.0.34(any ideas where i can get that?)

    any input will be greatly appreciated.

  7. #295
    RTM
    RTM is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Device
    9700
    OS
    6
    Carrier
    Vodacom
    Posts
    6
    Hi. I need help with a blackberry 9780. It just shows a 507 error and when I plug it into my computer and launch the app loader so I can load the os on, it shows BB Pin unknown. I select it and continue installing the os. But when the phone reboots it goes back to the 507 error screen. I did this a few times and the os still does not install.

  8. #296
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hi. I need help with a blackberry 9780. It just shows a 507 error and when I plug it into my computer and launch the app loader so I can load the os on, it shows BB Pin unknown. I select it and continue installing the os. But when the phone reboots it goes back to the 507 error screen. I did this a few times and the os still does not install.
    First off, just so you are aware, the 507 error means your phone currently doesn't have a OS installed on it at all. Hopefully the below will help get you up and running.

    Start by going to your Control Panel and then Add and Remove Programs (in XP) or Programs and Features (in Vista) and remove any BlackBerry device software currently installed on the computer. Refer here to see how and what software to remove, All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos. Reboot the computer. Then, try going to your carrier's website and download the most recent OS upgrade for your phone. With your desktop manager closed and your BlackBerry unplugged, install that OS on your computer, then reboot the computer.

    After your computer has rebooted, plug your BlackBerry in and you can try using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to load the OS on your phone.

    Try that and see if it works. If it doesn't come back here and let us know.

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •