All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos - Page 15
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 446

Thread: All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

  1. #281
    yoesazel is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Device
    onyx 2 aka bold 9780
    OS
    6.0.0.480
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Thanks

    Thanks a lot............ very very usefull guides...... Thanks u.........




  2. #282
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yoesazel View Post
    Thanks a lot............ very very usefull guides...... Thanks u.........
    Yes it is, and don't forget that it's here when you're going to upgrade your OS.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. #283
    sharath0007 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    21215069
    Device
    Curve 8520
    OS
    v5.0.0.681
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    HELP!!! when i start the loader it asks me the pasword and all but after that it instead of showing the list of softwares to be installed it tells "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. please contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

    I had installed the windhellas software version 5.0.0.509. Please help. have i bricked my phone its a bb curve 8520
    Sharath-21215069-bb curve8520.

  4. #284
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.3247
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharath0007 View Post
    HELP!!! when i start the loader it asks me the pasword and all but after that it instead of showing the list of softwares to be installed it tells "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. please contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

    I had installed the windhellas software version 5.0.0.509. Please help. have i bricked my phone its a bb curve 8520
    Try to uninstall any OS installed on your PC except the one you're gonna install.If there is one OS which is the one you're gonna install,try to re-install it.
    ghostryder likes this.


  5. #285
    flipward is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    PIN
    2736988F
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6.0.0.570 (2534)
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! I think I'm screwed! I have done this before and now I don't know what's wrong. I wiped the OS from my bold 9700 (os6), after wiping, I now proceeded to installing a new OS, but loader.exe keeps telling me this message:

    "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. please contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

    I've downloaded 2 OS6 versions .570 and .650 both for 9700, but same message appears. I tried updating my friends BB9700 to OS6 but same message appears also! and now I have 2 9700 here with no OS! (both screens white) Please advise what to do because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. Thank you.

  6. #286
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Hi! I think I'm screwed! I have done this before and now I don't know what's wrong. I wiped the OS from my bold 9700 (os6), after wiping, I now proceeded to installing a new OS, but loader.exe keeps telling me this message:

    "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. please contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

    I've downloaded 2 OS6 versions .570 and .650 both for 9700, but same message appears. I tried updating my friends BB9700 to OS6 but same message appears also! and now I have 2 9700 here with no OS! (both screens white) Please advise what to do because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. Thank you.
    I've seen this error myself. What I did was a little workaround. Your device should be able to recognize the last OS you had installed on your device. So what you can do is take the OS files from the new OS you want to install and copy them into the old OS folder that your device recognizes. It's like tricking your device into thinking it's the old OS when it's really the new OS. So the steps are...

    1 - Delete all OS files from the old OS folder.
    2 - Copy all new OS files into the old OS folder.
    3 - Then uninstall the new OS so that the old OS is the only OS on your computer.
    4 - Now try the Loader.exe again to install the new OS that is in the old OS folder.

    Let us know how it works for you.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  7. #287
    flipward is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    PIN
    2736988F
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6.0.0.570 (2534)
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    I've seen this error myself. What I did was a little workaround. Your device should be able to recognize the last OS you had installed on your device. So what you can do is take the OS files from the new OS you want to install and copy them into the old OS folder that your device recognizes. It's like tricking your device into thinking it's the old OS when it's really the new OS. So the steps are...

    1 - Delete all OS files from the old OS folder.
    2 - Copy all new OS files into the old OS folder.
    3 - Then uninstall the new OS so that the old OS is the only OS on your computer.
    4 - Now try the Loader.exe again to install the new OS that is in the old OS folder.

    Let us know how it works for you.
    Hi! I don't think I still have the old OS files. And I also forgot what OS6 version I was in last time. Are there any other way? I can't figure out why it's not working anymore. Is this normal? I've upgraded 2 phones before and now this happens..

  8. #288
    flipward is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    PIN
    2736988F
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6.0.0.570 (2534)
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos-error.jpg This is the message that I'm getting everytime I run Loader.exe. I've updated my 9700 before from OS5 to OS6 and everything worked out fine but now this happens.

  9. #289
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Hi! I don't think I still have the old OS files. And I also forgot what OS6 version I was in last time. Are there any other way? I can't figure out why it's not working anymore. Is this normal? I've upgraded 2 phones before and now this happens..
    I heard that it may have to do with the new Desktop Manager. Try going back a version in Desktop Manager and see if that works.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  10. #290
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	2090 This is the message that I'm getting everytime I run Loader.exe. I've updated my 9700 before from OS5 to OS6 and everything worked out fine but now this happens.
    Same thing happened to me. Try the OS folder trick, or try a older version of DM.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  11. #291
    flipward is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    PIN
    2736988F
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6.0.0.570 (2534)
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Try the OS folder trick, or try a older version of DM.
    Since I don't have the old OS files, can I just rename the new OS files to look like the old OS files? How can I do this, is this even possible? Thanks..
    Alex Jude likes this.

  12. #292
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,834
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flipward View Post
    Since I don't have the old OS files, can I just rename the new OS files to look like the old OS files? How can I do this, is this even possible? Thanks..
    What was the old OS you were using?, we probably have it in our Downloads Center. If not, I'll help you find it.
    Neolantis likes this.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  13. #293
    allejo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Device
    9930
    OS
    7
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys,
    i am really in a tight dilemma here.

    i have a bold 9780
    bbsak 1.911
    dm 6.1.0.34

    i have also download the ff Os;
    V6.0.0.650 (also the leaked version)
    V6.0.0.600
    and currently downloading V6.0.0.576. My phone from is from MTN south Africa and i upgraded it to V6.0.0.570 2 weeks ago wen i bought it. i have carried out steps 1 to 3 successfully and my phone has a white screen. i have tried all the OS listed above but the loader keeps telling me there is no software installed in my computer......blah blah, i have uninstalled, installed and re-installed (ensuring that i only have one OS at a time and also deleting the vendor file) but up to this time, i have not been able to upgrade my phone.

    i want to try the following:

    try using a different PC and using an older DM than version 6.1.0.34(any ideas where i can get that?)

    any input will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by allejo; 09-12-2011 at 12:37 PM.

  14. #294
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    try what you said....start with an official version first. That's what i would do.

    Quote Originally Posted by allejo View Post
    Hi guys,
    i am really in a tight dilemma here.

    i have a bold 9780
    bbsak 1.911
    dm 6.1.0.34

    i have also download the ff Os;
    V6.0.0.650 (also the leaked version)
    V6.0.0.600
    and currently downloading V6.0.0.576. My phone from is from MTN south Africa and i upgraded it to V6.0.0.570 2 weeks ago wen i bought it. i have carried out steps 1 to 3 successfully and my phone has a white screen. i have tried all the OS listed above but the loader keeps telling me there is no software installed in my computer......blah blah, i have uninstalled, installed and re-installed (ensuring that i only have one OS at a time and also deleting the vendor file) but up to this time, i have not been able to upgrade my phone.

    i want to try the following:

    try using a different PC and using an older DM than version 6.1.0.34(any ideas where i can get that?)

    any input will be greatly appreciated.
    allejo likes this.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  15. #295
    RTM
    RTM is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Device
    9700
    OS
    6
    Carrier
    Vodacom
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. I need help with a blackberry 9780. It just shows a 507 error and when I plug it into my computer and launch the app loader so I can load the os on, it shows BB Pin unknown. I select it and continue installing the os. But when the phone reboots it goes back to the 507 error screen. I did this a few times and the os still does not install.

  16. #296
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hi. I need help with a blackberry 9780. It just shows a 507 error and when I plug it into my computer and launch the app loader so I can load the os on, it shows BB Pin unknown. I select it and continue installing the os. But when the phone reboots it goes back to the 507 error screen. I did this a few times and the os still does not install.
    First off, just so you are aware, the 507 error means your phone currently doesn't have a OS installed on it at all. Hopefully the below will help get you up and running.

    Start by going to your Control Panel and then Add and Remove Programs (in XP) or Programs and Features (in Vista) and remove any BlackBerry device software currently installed on the computer. Refer here to see how and what software to remove, All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos. Reboot the computer. Then, try going to your carrier's website and download the most recent OS upgrade for your phone. With your desktop manager closed and your BlackBerry unplugged, install that OS on your computer, then reboot the computer.

    After your computer has rebooted, plug your BlackBerry in and you can try using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to load the OS on your phone.

    Try that and see if it works. If it doesn't come back here and let us know.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  17. #297
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.3247
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hi. I need help with a blackberry 9780. It just shows a 507 error and when I plug it into my computer and launch the app loader so I can load the os on, it shows BB Pin unknown. I select it and continue installing the os. But when the phone reboots it goes back to the 507 error screen. I did this a few times and the os still does not install.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    First off, just so you are aware, the 507 error means your phone currently doesn't have a OS installed on it at all. Hopefully the below will help get you up and running.

    Start by going to your Control Panel and then Add and Remove Programs (in XP) or Programs and Features (in Vista) and remove any BlackBerry device software currently installed on the computer. Refer here to see how and what software to remove, All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos. Reboot the computer. Then, try going to your carrier's website and download the most recent OS upgrade for your phone. With your desktop manager closed and your BlackBerry unplugged, install that OS on your computer, then reboot the computer.

    After your computer has rebooted, plug your BlackBerry in and you can try using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to load the OS on your phone.

    Try that and see if it works. If it doesn't come back here and let us know.
    Do as ghostryder12 said&You can find the latest official OS released by your carrier here.Just choose your carrier


  18. #298
    RTM
    RTM is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Device
    9700
    OS
    6
    Carrier
    Vodacom
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I will try it out and let you know.

  19. #299
    RTM
    RTM is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Device
    9700
    OS
    6
    Carrier
    Vodacom
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi I tried it and it never work.

    It says installing software then it says Wait for Device Initialization, when its says that the phone reboots and starts up again with a 507 screen. The desktop manager still shows 0 where it says device pin.

  20. #300
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hi I tried it and it never work.

    It says installing software then it says Wait for Device Initialization, when its says that the phone reboots and starts up again with a 507 screen. The desktop manager still shows 0 where it says device pin.
    OK, the 507 screen means that there is no OS loaded on your device. So, lets back up a bit. Go here, All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos, and read through it until you become comfortable with it.
    Make sure that you follow every step regarding deleting all OS software you might have stored on your computer. Then download the OS you would like on your BlackBerry.
    Since you are getting the 507, "error reload software 507" screen, I'm gonna give you instructions to load the OS without the use of the desktop manager. If your DM opens when you attach your BB device, close it before proceeding.


    1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

    or

    You can get any new OS that your carrier may not be releasing here;
    9780 Bold - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com



    2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software Since you are getting the 507 screen, this step is not necessary, just included so you can use these instructions again.

    3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

    4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

    5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6 Again, since you are getting the 507 screen, this step is not necessary, just included so you can use these instructions again.

    6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

    7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

    8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed KB10339-How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

    Let us know what happens.
    Last edited by ghostryder; 09-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    RTM and Neolantis like this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •