All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos - Page 14
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 444

Thread: All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

  1. #261
    FFV
    FFV is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    2182098E
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks a lot!!! Very useful tutorial...




  2. #262
    Wikro is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    8900 torch
    OS
    6
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    wil BBSAK work on the BB Torch?

  3. #263
    sabisgeek's Avatar
    sabisgeek is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Far away...
    Device
    8520
    OS
    5.0.0.1036
    Carrier
    Du
    Posts
    712
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikro View Post
    wil BBSAK work on the BB Torch?
    BBSAK is a desktop program, and yes, your Torch will connect fine.

  4. #264
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,779
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikro View Post
    wil BBSAK work on the BB Torch?
    Yes, users have said that BBSAK does work with the Torch 9800 device.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  5. #265
    OptimisticSimplicity is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    PIN
    iSiTrEaLlY
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    OS 5
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there!

    Very usefull link and info thnx buddy, I live in Dubai, UAE and use "Etisalat" as Cellular Service Provider. after reading (and watching vid) it carefully, it took my hardly 10 to 15min to upgrade to OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89) on my Bold 9000, and it really worked PERFECTLY well and it gave me 44mb app space too, i dnt use many apps just whatsapp, screenshort really. its been about 15 hours now. i have done such thing 1st time, im glad i found this step by step link.

    well as a newbie i have question, i hope someone can asnwer tht, once i hve installed it all and it went all good, now when it comes to restoring the "backup" you only mentioned to restore thro BBSAK (third party apps only) but u didnt mention restoring the "backup" which we did thro DM? Can we also restore "backup" which we did through DM?

    I asked this question coz i restored backup ONLY thro BBSAK and notepad/quicknotes, and BB maps, and few other standard apps were missing and it didnt restore from my backed up thro BBSAK, then i even restored backup which i did through DM but it alwayz failed. now i dnt know what to do. any suggestions? please, thanks in advance
    Last edited by OptimisticSimplicity; 05-14-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: missed some info

  6. #266
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticSimplicity View Post
    Hi there!

    Very usefull link and info thnx buddy, I live in Dubai, UAE and use "Etisalat" as Cellular Service Provider. after reading (and watching vid) it carefully, it took my hardly 10 to 15min to upgrade to OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89) on my Bold 9000, and it really worked PERFECTLY well and it gave me 44mb app space too, i dnt use many apps just whatsapp, screenshort really. its been about 15 hours now. i have done such thing 1st time, im glad i found this step by step link.

    well as a newbie i have question, i hope someone can asnwer tht, once i hve installed it all and it went all good, now when it comes to restoring the "backup" you only mentioned to restore thro BBSAK (third party apps only) but u didnt mention restoring the "backup" which we did thro DM? Can we also restore "backup" which we did through DM?

    I asked this question coz i restored backup ONLY thro BBSAK and notepad/quicknotes, and BB maps, and few other standard apps were missing and it didnt restore from my backed up thro BBSAK, then i even restored backup which i did through DM but it alwayz failed. now i dnt know what to do. any suggestions? please, thanks in advance
    Hello OptimisticSimplicity, welcome to
    I backup my Torch through DM at least every other day, only because I don't want to loose any information. So, backup your device through DM and your 3rd party apps through BBSAK as often as you like.
    I would first backup via DM and then go to BBSAK for 3rd party app backup.
    If you tried to restore via DM and did not get everything back, I'd give it a second try to see what would happen. It seems to me the if the device was backed up using DM, then it should restore with no issues.

    Let us know what happens.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #267
    sabisgeek's Avatar
    sabisgeek is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Far away...
    Device
    8520
    OS
    5.0.0.1036
    Carrier
    Du
    Posts
    712
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Hello OptimisticSimplicity, welcome to
    I backup my Torch through DM at least every other day, only because I don't want to loose any information. So, backup your device through DM and your 3rd party apps through BBSAK as often as you like.
    I would first backup via DM and then go to BBSAK for 3rd party app backup.
    If you tried to restore via DM and did not get everything back, I'd give it a second try to see what would happen. It seems to me the if the device was backed up using DM, then it should restore with no issues.

    Let us know what happens.
    Shoot. The last time I backed up using DM was the 16th of March...that's 59 days...:bigeyes:

    I'll do it now. Thanks for reminding me

  8. #268
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabisgeek View Post
    Shoot. The last time I backed up using DM was the 16th of March...that's 59 days...:bigeyes:

    I'll do it now. Thanks for reminding me
    I'm just anal that way. I know that I don't need to, but I hate having to go through the down time to put it back the way I want it. It would only take me about a hour or so to get it back to my settings, but that's an hour away from stuff I want to do...
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #269
    OptimisticSimplicity is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    PIN
    iSiTrEaLlY
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    OS 5
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Hello OptimisticSimplicity, welcome to
    I backup my Torch through DM at least every other day, only because I don't want to loose any information. So, backup your device through DM and your 3rd party apps through BBSAK as often as you like.
    I would first backup via DM and then go to BBSAK for 3rd party app backup.
    If you tried to restore via DM and did not get everything back, I'd give it a second try to see what would happen. It seems to me the if the device was backed up using DM, then it should restore with no issues.

    Let us know what happens.
    hey thnx for a quick reply, really helpfull

    well i normally backup and sync my bold 9000 through DM almost every other day too, but this time, after installing OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89) through your step by step instuctions here in this link, which went quite well coz it said it may take 20 - 60 min while it took me hardly 10 to 15min which was a pleasant surprize

    but the issue is i did BBSAK backup FIRST as i thought u didnt mention DM (so id request u to edit the steps there and add DM backup before BBSAK backup for a newbie like me )

    well i did try to restore from DM backup atleast 5 times bt everytime it get stuck while restoring is almost 56% done at BB PIN back up upload tho.... and then i waited and waited for good half hour, but nothing happend, so i dicsonnected my device frm laptop and bat pull up and tried atlest 5 times... every time it gets stuck at the same stage. and i so need GPS, bb Maps, world app, and notepad/quick notes. which is missing.....

    anyway its abt 9pm here and tomorrow sunday 15th may, is 1st working day of th week. so i gotta catch on some sleep, but i am planning to do the whole thing all over again starting from scratch, lets see how it goes... i will keep u posted.

    one more quick question, wld "bb application center" will work on my bb bold 9000 with this OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89) ??? coz if it wont work so i wont install it...

    once again really thankful to your help....

    one last question, i knw it'll be bit silly to ask bt do you have any idea whn BB are launching OS 7 with any latest Torch? since i am planning to buy new BB so i need advice which one is better... thank you soooo muchhh for a great job your diong here
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  10. #270
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticSimplicity View Post
    hey thnx for a quick reply, really helpfull

    well i normally backup and sync my bold 9000 through DM almost every other day too, but this time, after installing OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89) through your step by step instuctions here in this link, which went quite well coz it said it may take 20 - 60 min while it took me hardly 10 to 15min which was a pleasant surprize

    but the issue is i did BBSAK backup FIRST as i thought u didnt mention DM (so id request u to edit the steps there and add DM backup before BBSAK backup for a newbie like me )

    well i did try to restore from DM backup atleast 5 times bt everytime it get stuck while restoring is almost 56% done at BB PIN back up upload tho.... and then i waited and waited for good half hour, but nothing happend, so i dicsonnected my device frm laptop and bat pull up and tried atlest 5 times... every time it gets stuck at the same stage. and i so need GPS, bb Maps, world app, and notepad/quick notes. which is missing.....

    anyway its abt 9pm here and tomorrow sunday 15th may, is 1st working day of th week. so i gotta catch on some sleep, but i am planning to do the whole thing all over again starting from scratch, lets see how it goes... i will keep u posted.

    one more quick question, wld "bb application center" will work on my bb bold 9000 with this OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89) ??? coz if it wont work so i wont install it...

    once again really thankful to your help....

    one last question, i knw it'll be bit silly to ask bt do you have any idea whn BB are launching OS 7 with any latest Torch? since i am planning to buy new BB so i need advice which one is better... thank you soooo muchhh for a great job your diong here
    First off, I agree that doing a re-install is the way to go, this way all should be put back on your device. Then backup using the DM first, and BBSAK second.
    As far as OS7? Check this thread;RIM Co-CEO Jim Balsillie Confirms OS 6.1 to be called BlackBerry OS 7

    Good luck and keep us up to date on your results.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  11. #271
    eity is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow eity On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
    PIN
    21ed51e2
    Device
    blod9700
    OS
    6.0.0448
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    neo i just use the bbsak to backup my third party apps. but it seems like it's not complete because the box saying 3rd Party Apps Backup complete never show up. so how i want know the backup are already finish or not.. even I'm waiting for 3 hours the box never show out.

  12. #272
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eity View Post
    neo i just use the bbsak to backup my third party apps. but it seems like it's not complete because the box saying 3rd Party Apps Backup complete never show up. so how i want know the backup are already finish or not.. even I'm waiting for 3 hours the box never show out.
    I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but did you back up the device using DM first? Like I said, not sure if it makes a difference which one you complete first. I backed up using DM first then BBSAK for my 3rd party apps and all went well.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  13. #273
    csussen's Avatar
    csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Device
    9810
    OS
    7.0.0.317
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eity View Post
    neo i just use the bbsak to backup my third party apps. but it seems like it's not complete because the box saying 3rd Party Apps Backup complete never show up. so how i want know the backup are already finish or not.. even I'm waiting for 3 hours the box never show out.
    Do you have the latest version of BBSAK installed? Currently the latest is v1.9.11
    Did you check that BBSAK shows your BB is connected?
    --------->The pursuit of happiness leads to the road of success and fulfillment <---------

  14. #274
    sabisgeek's Avatar
    sabisgeek is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Far away...
    Device
    8520
    OS
    5.0.0.1036
    Carrier
    Du
    Posts
    712
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xenceintej View Post
    merci a tous
    Bienvenue a BBOS! Tu es parti de la meilleur BlackBerry forum sur l'internet!
    J'espere que tu a aime cette tutoriel.

  15. #275
    cijinrajv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Device
    8520
    OS
    4.6
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    Guys help. emergency. I kinda deleted my desktop software in step 4. HELP ME.

  16. #276
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cijinrajv View Post
    Guys help. emergency. I kinda deleted my desktop software in step 4. HELP ME.
    redownload the desktop software from here. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  17. #277
    cijinrajv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Device
    8520
    OS
    4.6
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks dude.. everythin went fine....
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  18. #278
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | Editor-In-Chief Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,779
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cijinrajv View Post
    thanks dude.. everythin went fine....
    Hello cijinrajv, sweet!

    Let us know how the new update works for you in our Forums.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  19. #279
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cijinrajv View Post
    thanks dude.. everythin went fine....
    Outstanding. I'm glad that it all went well. As Joe said, welcome to the forums, let us know what the new update perks are, and post them here BlackBerry Curve 8530/8520. Don't forget to give a read to our BlackBerryOS Rules and Guidelines. Have fun and come back when you can.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

  20. #280
    kristiewestraspe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    PIN
    22CC2F8F
    Device
    torch
    OS
    6
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    4 times
    I love how this is like the 911 call center for BB. Lol. Thanks to everyone that helps those of us that are not so BB smart!

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •