BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) How To Video - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) How To Video

  1. #41
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    Well here's my update. Our tower finally crashed again so we reformatted that tonight. Don't think I'll have time tomorrow before work to get that up to date and start my bb stuff from scratch. But I'd be willing to wager that was my problem all along. Found out when we backuped our stuff we had some other stuff corrupted that wasn't bb related.




  2. #42
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    Well here's my update. Our tower finally crashed again so we reformatted that tonight. Don't think I'll have time tomorrow before work to get that up to date and start my bb stuff from scratch. But I'd be willing to wager that was my problem all along. Found out when we backuped our stuff we had some other stuff corrupted that wasn't bb related.
    Oh, no, you seem to have bad luck all along.


  3. #43
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    yes i do. my luck always seems to run uphill instead of down. lol. anyways i have now got everything back in place this morning. i backed up my phone using the dm and bbsak 1.7, wiped my phone, downloaded .419 os from here loaded shrink a os (i prefer this to the regular app loader), loaded os, did the "magical" 3 battery pulls, restored my phone info with the dm. all of this went perfectly. then came my arch enemy, the bbsak restore apps and it won again, was NOT able to restore my 3rd party apps!! so i went to plan B, found the back up file, went to dm and used that to restore my apps. so i am going to have to conclude for some reason bbsak and my phone dont play well together when it comes to restore apps. do you think its possible that my phone and the bbsak just wont work together when it comes restoring my apps? it will back it up and i can find and verify that there is info there, it wipes my phone just fine. just will not restore apps. hmmm.

  4. #44
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times
    You have net framework 2.0 installed? Maybe it is a prob with higher net versions in your specific case? Just trying to find anything - but I know, this should not be a prob since net 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 are installed here in peaceful co-existence without any probs...what about going to rimgeeks and report your case there as well. Maybe it is something the author can fix. Sorry, don't like to lead you away from BBOS, but I have no more ideas left


  5. #45
    rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    superior wi
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    You have net framework 2.0 installed? Maybe it is a prob with higher net versions in your specific case? Just trying to find anything - but I know, this should not be a prob since net 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 are installed here in peaceful co-existence without any probs...what about going to rimgeeks and report your case there as well. Maybe it is something the author can fix. Sorry, don't like to lead you away from BBOS, but I have no more ideas left
    No problem. I will do that later this weekend. At least a leason learned is that a flaky computer will cause some issues as well. I truly appreciate all the effort you have put into this as well as the patience to try to see this thru. As soon as I hear anything I shall post it in case anyone else has the same or similar issue.

  6. #46
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, please do so


  7. #47
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Can Someone please explain to me How to Create a .jad with BBSAK. I click on create jad I choose the cod I want to create the jad for I save the jad to the desktop no problem there. From here I want to be able to save the jad and cod file to my memory card so I can install a game whenever I want to. But When I try to install using the jad file I get an invalid cod 907 error please help what am I doing wrong?

  8. #48
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    Can Someone please explain to me How to Create a .jad with BBSAK. I click on create jad I choose the cod I want to create the jad for I save the jad to the desktop no problem there. From here I want to be able to save the jad and cod file to my memory card so I can install a game whenever I want to. But When I try to install using the jad file I get an invalid cod 907 error please help what am I doing wrong?
    While I have never tried this you would have to move the files off your SD card first in order to be able to install them. Although I remember hearing folks say they have been having troible with the newest version of BBSAK and this procedure.

  9. #49
    ShimmyShine's Avatar
    ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gowen, Michigan
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    Can Someone please explain to me How to Create a .jad with BBSAK. I click on create jad I choose the cod I want to create the jad for I save the jad to the desktop no problem there. From here I want to be able to save the jad and cod file to my memory card so I can install a game whenever I want to. But When I try to install using the jad file I get an invalid cod 907 error please help what am I doing wrong?
    Are you sure you're copying over ALL of the cod files? Many programs have more than one .cod so look for program-1.cod and program-2.cod.
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

  10. #50
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    Are you sure you're copying over ALL of the cod files? Many programs have more than one .cod so look for program-1.cod and program-2.cod.
    I am positive that I am copying all of the cods there is only one cod I can install that one cod using BBSAK no problem and the game shows up in my phone but when I try to create the .jad and then install from memory card i get that error msg. Also Shimmyshine I was told you are the man to talk to about apps could you look over this http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/g...-question.html

  11. #51
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    While I have never tried this you would have to move the files off your SD card first in order to be able to install them. Although I remember hearing folks say they have been having troible with the newest version of BBSAK and this procedure.
    I was able to install from the SD card before back when BBM 5.0.0.8 leaked thats how I was able to get it installed onto my phone. So I am thinking its the same thing for a game right? In any event I tried saving to the device and still get the same error msg. I have even opened the .jad in a notepad doc and verified that the characters were all the same cuz i was told that it's case sensitive.

    EDIT: I am using BBSAK v1.7 with WinXP
    Last edited by Hodges; 03-26-2010 at 04:03 PM.

  12. #52
    10-fah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Device
    9500
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    I wiped m Storm with the aim of reloading a OS for a different Carrier and when I try to load the OS using BBSAK I have problems when the Application Loader comes up. I dont see anything in the Connection box!

  13. #53
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-fah View Post
    I wiped m Storm with the aim of reloading a OS for a different Carrier and when I try to load the OS using BBSAK I have problems when the Application Loader comes up. I dont see anything in the Connection box!
    Welcome to . I would try rebooting your PC and the device and giving it another go. What OS are you using on your PC?

  14. #54
    10-fah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Device
    9500
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hodges View Post
    welcome to . I would try rebooting your pc and the device and giving it another go. What os are you using on your pc?
    Thanks man, my os is win 7 64
    Last edited by 10-fah; 05-31-2010 at 06:58 PM.

  15. #55
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-fah View Post
    Thanks man, my os is win 7 64
    Ok. I have heard of some issues with BBSAK and win7 but usually the issue is connecting to your device. The OS that you are installing on your BB is it from your carrier? If not did you delete the vendor file?

  16. #56
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times

  17. #57
    indigodave is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    PIN
    30B90E14
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.643
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    BBSAK 1.7 restore did not work

    Man I hope someone helps here! When I went to restore, it said completed so quickly, nothing happened. I loaded 1.7, using .643 Os on a tour 9630. I think i read and tried everything in this site. Finally used BBDM and got the apps but no data on them. Nowhere did it say I woould lose data from Memo pad etc. I need that stuff. Who can help me and walk me thru a fix? thanks folks!:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy::crazy:

  18. #58
    indigodave is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    PIN
    30B90E14
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.643
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    BBSAK 1.7 restore did not work

    Man I hope someone helps here! When I went to restore, it said completed so quickly, nothing happened. I loaded 1.7, using .643 Os on a tour 9630. I think i read and tried everything in this site. Finally used BBDM and got the apps but no data on them. Nowhere did it say I would lose data from Memo pad etc. I need that stuff. Who can help me and walk me thru a fix? thanks folks!

  19. #59
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Did you preform a backup using BBDM before loading .643 on your device?
    Posted via mobile device

  20. #60
    nelson2 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Smile Thanks

    I am new on this and after read this i like to join this. I have not still seen this type of video..thanks for this. I hope that you will update this and add more on this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •