Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 42

  1. #9
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    How about if we dont want to wipe and reload OS, can we just delete those files and let DM erase them??
    Then use crackutil to delete them.




  2. #10
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Then use crackutil to delete them.
    Shanepark,

    Where to get this util and what additional benifits does crackutil provide?

    Thanks,

  3. #11
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    Shanepark,

    Where to get this util and what additional benifits does crackutil provide?

    Thanks,
    Here you go:
    Crackutil


    From the help file in crackutil - Program by: pete6

    What CrackUtil Is Designed To Do

    CrackUtil is a free program designed to be a Swiss Army Knife tool for your BlackBerry phone.

    CrackUtil has several functions. To use CrackUtil, you must first connect your BlackBerry phone to the PC via a USB cable. Do not run Desktop Manager at this time.
    Since CrackUtil uses the RIM tool javaloader.exe all the actual javaloader commands issued by CrackUtil are shown at the end of the CrackUtil button selection description i.e. Command: javaloader –usb wipe -f
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-20-2009 at 11:27 AM.

  4. #12
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    Shanepark,

    Where to get this util and what additional benifits does crackutil provide?

    Thanks,
    Pblakeney, basically Crackutil lets you view,modify, and remove files on your OS loaded on your phone without having to completly reload it. With Crackutil, you just change what needs changed and then the phone reboots and your done.

  5. #13
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    You see it's this type of response help from the community that makes a guy want to become a VIP member. That ones for you Neo.......

    Thanks 2 u both..

  6. #14
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    You see it's this type of response help from the community that makes a guy want to become a VIP member. That ones for you Neo.......

    Thanks 2 u both..
    ...

  7. #15
    statustray's Avatar
    statustray is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bbOSLand
    Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Posts
    254

    Question

    Not meaning to thread hi-jack but I've been able to successfully open my Storm 9530 with CrackUtil, but I don't see the file(s) that can be deleted to free up the space. Am I overlooking something? I have searched up and down the file listing, but don't see the referenced files:

    net_rim_bb_medialoader_360x480_t.cod ? 1.891MB

    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod - 5.258 MB


    Could it be that the files are cod files? and are used when the OS is being loaded?

  8. #16
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by statustray View Post
    Not meaning to thread hi-jack but I've been able to successfully open my Storm 9530 with CrackUtil, but I don't see the file(s) that can be deleted to free up the space. Am I overlooking something? I have searched up and down the file listing, but don't see the referenced files:

    net_rim_bb_medialoader_360x480_t.cod ? 1.891MB

    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod - 5.258 MB


    Could it be that the files are cod files? and are used when the OS is being loaded?
    Are you running the new Hybridv2? If so this has already been done

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •