This is a basic tip.
That little LED/Flash on the back of your newer BlackBerry can easily be used as a flashlight if you just know how to pull it off. You need OS 4.3+ as far as I remember since it requires the video recording application for the option. This trick just involves enabling the flash option in the video recorder. This gives you a bright light (much brighter than simply illuminating the screen). You don’t need to do any actual recording, just launch the app when you need the light.
1. Open the BlackBerry Video Camera application
2. Hit the menu button and select Options
3. The first option should be Video Light
4. Highlight that option and hit the spacebar to change it to On
5. You will get a warning saying that this will drain your battery but select yes
Now every time you fire up the Video Camera application the LED/Flash will automatically turn on. You do not need to record anything for it to work. For even simpler access just set the Video Camera to open using one of your side convenience keys.
Dont Forget to rep me if you find this useful