How to install more languages on your BlackBerry smartphone
This tutorial was brought to you by Nathan K. of the InsideBB Help Blog:
You may speak more than one language, and so may your friends and family – and so does your BlackBerry® smartphone, for that matter. Want to make your device use the same languages you do? Keep reading! To install another language to your BlackBerry smartphone, you will need BlackBerry® Desktop Software installed on your PC. From the computer with your desktop software installed, download and install the software bundle that contains the language that you wish to add to your device. Once the software bundle has been installed, the language bundles that are available for your device will depend on the wireless service provider.
How to install and configure additional language packs on a BlackBerry smartphone
- From the BlackBerry Desktop Software website, download the BlackBerry® Device Software for the BlackBerry smartphone that includes the language pack you want. For example, BlackBerry Device Software v188.8.131.524 (All Languages – East Asia languages included)
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Select the application loader tool.
- Open Add/Remove Programs. At this point, BlackBerry Desktop Manager will confirm if the installed version of BlackBerry Device Software version is specific to the wireless service provider that the BlackBerry smartphone was purchased from.
- From the Device Application Select screen, locate East Asian Language and Input Support.
- Select the language you want to install.
- Click Next. The installation will begin.
Once the BlackBerry Device Software is installed on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following:
- Go to Options.
- Under Input Language, select the language that was installed.
- Save your changes.
- Compose an email message to test the input language.
And that’s all there is to it – once your device finishes its installation, your BlackBerry will speak the same languages that you do!