The other day I came across as issue in which the Email Setup application simply refused to respond or if it did it would spit out an error. Yes, I could have easily browsed to my carriers web portal and re-added my email there, but I like the convince and simplicity of the native email setup program. After a little bit of research I found that this was a know issue and that there was actually a fix for this. So I figured I would share it with you so that if you ever run into and issue like this you can quickly fix it.
The process is really pretty simple all you have to do is point your BlackBerry browser to the following website:
The important thing to remember here is that the E and C are case sensitive, and you will need to replace <brand> with your carrier name e.g. Verizon = vzw, ATT = mycingular, Rogers = rogers, T-Mobile = t-mobile. That's it you should now have a functioning email application. Hope this helps someone.