The following instructions will help you "force the detection" of a blackberry in app loader if the following happens.
1. Your Pin Shows as (PIN:Unknown)
2. Your blackberry has an "App Error ###" that is causing the computer to longer see the hardware.
3. If app loader fails, not able to connect, and is stuck in a boot loop.
- Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry.
- Connect the BlackBerry to the computer using a USB cable with the battery still out of the BlackBerry.
- In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select Application Loader.
- Under the Update Software heading, select Start.
- If the BlackBerry has a password enabled, enter the password in the Device Password box.
- If the BlackBerry does not have a password, leave the password box blank.
- Select OK.
- If prompted with a list of Available Updates, select the checkbox next to the latest software version and select next.
- In the backup and restore options, select the Settings button.
- Make sure that the Backup device data automatically during the installation process checkbox is not selected.
- Make sure that the Delete all application data check box is selected.
- Make sure that the Erase all currently installed applications check box is selected.
- Select OK in the Setting box.
- Place the battery back into the BlackBerry.
- In the Application Loader window, select Next, then Finish.
- The loading process will start and may take between 10-60 minutes.
- When the process is complete, the Application Loader will display the following message, The loading operation was successful.
- Close the Application Loader.