The following instructions will help you "force the detection" of a blackberry in app loader if the following happens.
1. Your Pin Shows as (PIN:Unknown)
2. Your blackberry has an "App Error ###" that is causing the computer to longer see the hardware.
3. If app loader fails, not able to connect, and is stuck in a boot loop.
- On a computer, open Desktop Manager.
- Remove the battery from the device.
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
- When the 'BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device' screen appears, click Update.
- Verify that a loading screen displays.
- After 30 seconds, insert the battery.
- Click Update.
- When a new window appears, click Update.
- Select or clear the Email Notifications check boxes, as desired.
- When the 'Update BlackBerry Device Software' message displays, click OK.
- When complete, click Close.