Step By Step On Swap A Radio
Today I am going to be talking about Swap A Radio by Lyricidal. This is a great program for a quick and easy fix for many common problems. Basically what this program does is allow you to keep the current OS you are on, but swap out the radio for one either you liked better or one you just want to try. The radio can cause several different problems on your phone (ie.battery drain, bad signal, slow accelerometer, etc.) Recently I upgraded to .141/5.0 hybrid that was using the .141 radio and not only did my memory start to drain, but my battery life was lower as well. I used this program to swap the .141 radio or the .109 radio. Both my memory and my battery stabilized very nicely. I have also used it in the past to insert the .90 radio which gave full color and the big keyboard that I like. Then used it again when .90 mixed with the OS I was on at the time started causing random reboots LOL. So below is a step by step walk through on how to use Swap A Radio.
1. Download Swap A Radio Here
2. You will need WinRaR to open this zip file Download Here
3. Extract Swap A Radio.exe anywhere on your pc ( I usually extract to my desktop as it is the easiest place to find it)
3a. If you are on Vista you will need to right click the icon once extracted and choose run as admin.
3b. You will also need Net Framework 3.5 installed on your PC you can download Here
4. Double click Icon and run program
5. Click the browse button and select your OS folder on your PC. For most it is in
C/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader
6. Now select the radio that you want to swap your current on with. Once you have selected the radio the progress bar will fill and you will get a message "your radio code has been changed to BLANK (whatever one you chose). It may take a couple of minutes as the program downloads the radio file, so be patient.
7. Now click the launch loader button (be sure to plug in your phone at this point) and it will go through the motions and install the new radio. Now depending on what radio code you used, you might get a message on loader asking if you want to downgrade. You will get this message if for instance you are on OS .132 but are swapping in the .109 radio, go ahead and click yes.
** Be sure to back up your 3rd party apps and device memory before doing this just in case loader doesn't put them back on.**
Last edited by Neolantis; 12-15-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Reason: removed dead pictures
Great job Bryan!!! Now, isn't Lyricidal on the help team? so he should be pitching in as well
Thanks ladies all three of you Figured I might as well post it since I have walked a couple people through it recently
Nice burn Bryan!
Originally Posted by Bryan
Great write up too!
Originally Posted by Natemz
Tags for this Thread