Step By Step On Swap A Radio - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Step By Step On Swap A Radio

  1. #21
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MASERATIGUY View Post
    I've been having problems with using the Radio swap program. I installed the WINRAR program, and the radio swap and extracted the files. When I go to swap one of the radios I follow the steps and I get stopped just after completeing step 5. After I do step 5 when I click on the radio I want to swap I get an error message I can't show the message since I am doing it on another PC. The message reads "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attemopt to continue. If you click quit, the app will close immediately. The remote name could not be resolved 'www.theiexplorers.com'." I have clicked continue, then clicked on Launch Loader .exe but then it opens up the APP LOADER. Do I have to be connected to the internet to use the swap?
    Yes you do have to be connected to the internet as swap downloads the radio file you selected from Lyrididal's server.




  2. #22
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Today I am going to be talking about Swap A Radio by Lyricidal. This is a great program for a quick and easy fix for many common problems. Basically what this program does is allow you to keep the current OS you are on, but swap out the radio for one either you liked better or one you just want to try. The radio can cause several different problems on your phone (ie.battery drain, bad signal, slow accelerometer, etc.) Recently I upgraded to .141/5.0 hybrid that was using the .141 radio and not only did my memory start to drain, but my battery life was lower as well. I used this program to swap the .141 radio or the .109 radio. Both my memory and my battery stabilized very nicely. I have also used it in the past to insert the .90 radio which gave full color and the big keyboard that I like. Then used it again when .90 mixed with the OS I was on at the time started causing random reboots LOL. So below is a step by step walk through on how to use Swap A Radio.



    1. Download Swap A Radio Here

    2. You will need WinRaR to open this zip file Download Here

    3. Extract Swap A Radio.exe anywhere on your pc ( I usually extract to my desktop as it is the easiest place to find it)

    3a. If you are on Vista you will need to right click the icon once extracted and choose run as admin.
    3b. You will also need Net Framework 3.5 installed on your PC you can download Here

    4. Double click Icon and run program




    5. Click the browse button and select your OS folder on your PC. For most it is in
    C/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader



    6. Now select the radio that you want to swap your current on with. Once you have selected the radio the progress bar will fill and you will get a message "your radio code has been changed to BLANK (whatever one you chose). It may take a couple of minutes as the program downloads the radio file, so be patient.



    7. Now click the launch loader button (be sure to plug in your phone at this point) and it will go through the motions and install the new radio. Now depending on what radio code you used, you might get a message on loader asking if you want to downgrade. You will get this message if for instance you are on OS .132 but are swapping in the .109 radio, go ahead and click yes.

    ** Be sure to back up your 3rd party apps and device memory before doing this just in case loader doesn't put them back on.**
    Using Vista and Swap does not recognize my device. I have rebooted my laptop and reconnected my Storm but no go. Any suggestions???

    Thanks
    P. Blakeney

  3. #23
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    Using Vista and Swap does not recognize my device. I have rebooted my laptop and reconnected my Storm but no go. Any suggestions???

    Thanks
    Do you have Netframework installed as well as choosing run as admin? Also try rebooting your pc with your phone still plugged in.

  4. #24
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Do you have Netframework installed as well as choosing run as admin? Also try rebooting your pc with your phone still plugged in.
    Yes to all but will reboot with device connected and let you know.
    P. Blakeney

  5. #25
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    Yes to all but will reboot with device connected and let you know.
    Great keep us posted

  6. #26
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Great keep us posted
    Rebooting with the device connected seemed to have done the trick.

    Thanks
    P. Blakeney

  7. #27
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    Rebooting with the device connected seemed to have done the trick.

    Thanks
    Glad to hear it

  8. #28
    caminator is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm - 9530
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    0 times
    I just ran this program for the first time. How do I tell if the swap actually worked? If I want to change radio's, I just redo the steps above? I'm starting with .90 to see how that is and I'll work my way up until I find something that works well for me. The first tiem I ran it for .90, it asked me to install the older version which I said yes to. Next time I'm installing a newer version so I assume I need to say to install a newer version when apploader runs?

  9. #29
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by caminator View Post
    I just ran this program for the first time. How do I tell if the swap actually worked? If I want to change radio's, I just redo the steps above? I'm starting with .90 to see how that is and I'll work my way up until I find something that works well for me. The first tiem I ran it for .90, it asked me to install the older version which I said yes to. Next time I'm installing a newer version so I assume I need to say to install a newer version when apploader runs?
    yes if you are replacing with an older radio then you will want to choose the downgrade option in app loader, if you replace with a newer radio then you will want to choose the upgrade option.

    To see if it worked on your phone go to options>about and check your platfrom number

    for .90 it would be platform 4.0.0.114

  10. #30
    caminator is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm - 9530
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    0 times
    ok got it, thanks. It worked. So is there a list of what platforms each radio file would show in About?

  11. #31
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by caminator View Post
    ok got it, thanks. It worked. So is there a list of what platforms each radio file would show in About?
    No problem and yes there is a list just click the below link


    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...m-numbers.html

  12. #32
    llckll is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

    I'm trying to browse to the OS folder but it is not there. Do I have to download and install it from somewhere first? I have DM v4.7 installed.

  13. #33
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by llckll View Post
    Hi,

    I'm trying to browse to the OS folder but it is not there. Do I have to download and install it from somewhere first? I have DM v4.7 installed.
    First off Welcome to BlackberryOS

    What OS are you running on your phone? And yes you will need to download that OS to your pc in order use swap a radio.

  14. #34
    llckll is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    I am running4.7.0.148

    Trying to find a solution for the edge/EDGE switching problem. I have an unlocked 9530 on AT&T.

    Where can I go to download the OS?

  15. #35
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by llckll View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    I am running4.7.0.148

    Trying to find a solution for the edge/EDGE switching problem. I have an unlocked 9530 on AT&T.

    Where can I go to download the OS?
    OK so what you will need to do is download .148 Here

    and install on your pc then after that is done run swap a radio and choose what Radio file you want. Swap will download the radio file from it's own server.

  16. #36
    llckll is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you know which radio file will work best? Someone said .90 works well.

  17. #37
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by llckll View Post
    Do you know which radio file will work best? Someone said .90 works well.
    .90 does work the best from what I have heard. The only issue with .90 is it is very picky on who it likes. Most people experienced random reboots and VSOD's on it. I will tell you that for a lot of people that if they put up with that for at least 3 days, then it seemed to correct itself. So if you put it on and have some issues, if you can let it ride out for at least a couple of days and see it if calms down.

  18. #38
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times

    ***Please read***

    Please be aware Swap A Radio is going the way of the Dodo. The highest radio code you have an option to swap into your os is .148, and this program will not work on the .151 OS. If you need to either swap in the .151 radio or swap in an older radio into the .151 OS. Please use Shrink A OS by Lyricidal as this has the .151 radio option, and has been updated to work on the .151 os.

    You can find a Step by Step on the new Shrink plus download links below

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...shrink-os.html

    Thank you

  19. #39
    cmink79 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Venice - Milan, Italy
    PIN
    257622ec + 211f2229
    Device
    Bold + 8900
    OS
    4.6.0.247 + 4.6.1.250
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Today I am going to be talking about Swap A Radio by Lyricidal. This is a great program for a quick and easy fix for many common problems. Basically what this program does is allow you to keep the current OS you are on, but swap out the radio for one either you liked better or one you just want to try. The radio can cause several different problems on your phone (ie.battery drain, bad signal, slow accelerometer, etc.) Recently I upgraded to .141/5.0 hybrid that was using the .141 radio and not only did my memory start to drain, but my battery life was lower as well. I used this program to swap the .141 radio or the .109 radio. Both my memory and my battery stabilized very nicely. I have also used it in the past to insert the .90 radio which gave full color and the big keyboard that I like. Then used it again when .90 mixed with the OS I was on at the time started causing random reboots LOL. So below is a step by step walk through on how to use Swap A Radio.



    1. Download Swap A Radio Here

    2. You will need WinRaR to open this zip file Download Here

    3. Extract Swap A Radio.exe anywhere on your pc ( I usually extract to my desktop as it is the easiest place to find it)

    3a. If you are on Vista you will need to right click the icon once extracted and choose run as admin.
    3b. You will also need Net Framework 3.5 installed on your PC you can download Here

    4. Double click Icon and run program




    5. Click the browse button and select your OS folder on your PC. For most it is in
    C/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader



    6. Now select the radio that you want to swap your current on with. Once you have selected the radio the progress bar will fill and you will get a message "your radio code has been changed to BLANK (whatever one you chose). It may take a couple of minutes as the program downloads the radio file, so be patient.



    7. Now click the launch loader button (be sure to plug in your phone at this point) and it will go through the motions and install the new radio. Now depending on what radio code you used, you might get a message on loader asking if you want to downgrade. You will get this message if for instance you are on OS .132 but are swapping in the .109 radio, go ahead and click yes.

    ** Be sure to back up your 3rd party apps and device memory before doing this just in case loader doesn't put them back on.**

    hi, i tired what u wrote but i get an error message saying he doesnt fgind a file, i am sure that i selected the right folder. does that make sense to you?

  20. #40
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmink79 View Post
    hi, i tired what u wrote but i get an error message saying he doesnt fgind a file, i am sure that i selected the right folder. does that make sense to you?
    Try downloading Lyricidal's latest Shrink-A-OS, which has support for radio swap for 9500 users.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •