How to fix Duplicate Calendar entries
OK so I thought I would post this fix for duplicate calendar entries that I got after trying out a new OS on my storm. After I got the new OS installed all of a sudden I had 3 calendars on my bb, gmail (primary), vzw.net, and default. Now I only use gmail as my main calendar along with Google sync. the problem being that some how all my gmail entries were moved to my default calendar as well, which in turn leaded me to having duplicate entries. The vzw.net calendar (attached with my vzw.net email) was also on there but blank so that was no big deal. Every time I added an entry it would go to default calendar and not sync with my Google calendar. Very very frustrating!
Again this fixed work for me using Google sync so I don't know if it will work with any other syncing programs or outlook. Try at your own risk and remember don't forget to back up first!
1. open Google sync on bb and sign out, it will ask you to delete entries select yes.
2. connect bb to Desktop Manager and select backup and restore
3. click the advanced button when the list comes up on the right hand side, click each one of the calendar options (one at a time) and choose clear. Once you have finished these steps you will have a completely empty calendar on your phone.
4. Now on your bb go to options>>advanced>>default services and make sure your gmail calendar is set to your default.
5. Sign back into Google sync on your bb and re sync. You should now have all your entries back on your bb storm, and not duplicated.
Also if your vzw.net calendar is still on your phone go into your service books
options>>advanced>>service books highlight the vzw.net calendar (youname.vzw.blackberry.net [CICAL]) and choose delete. This will remove the calendar from your phone. BE CAREFUL AS TO ONLY DELETE THE CICAL ENTRY!
Remember if you re send your service books for any reason that calendar entry will show back up just repeat the deletion step. This will work for any calendar you want to delete off your phone.