How To: Resolve Automatic Search for Updates with Desktop Manager
This will curtail the search for available updates whenever you launch Desktop Manager.
- Go into the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're running Vista).
- Locate BlackBerry Desktop Software in the list of installed programs.
- Vista: When you click on BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.x you will see an option at the top of the screen to Uninstall/Change. Click on that.
- XP: When you click on BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.x you will see a button in the highlighted section to Change/Remove. Click on that.
- Once the InstallShield Wizard comes up, click Next.
- Select the button to Modify the installation and click Next.
- The Custom Setup screen comes up here, so just click Next.
- Make sure the correct Integration Option is selected (personal e-mail if you're using BIS, work e-mail if you're on BES) then click Next.
- The next screen is the one where you can turn off the auto "feature" by unchecking the box that says Check for Software Updates. Once you've uncheck that box, then click on Install