Thanks! Very helpful
Thanks! Very helpful
Go to your start menu, at the bottom where it says start search or in the run dialog box type in the exact variable how it is here %appdata%
Click the ?Research In Motion? folder
Click the ?Blackberry? folder
Delete the ?Intellisync? folder
Reconnect RIM device and complete a synchronize
Are we talking inserting the windows disk and doing a repair, or are we talking about actually saving all your data externally, format the hdd, then reinstall the os, intel ini, sound card drivers, video drivers, ethernet adapter drivers, etc, then programs, and then your saved data?
That sounds, and is a lot of work. It is made even more of a pita by the fact I have several programs which I have to get security codes for and they are available only once or twice a year.
Ever since I went through the 230 installtion process, my connection to my computer has been compromised.
here's what I did:
1) backed up using DM - worked fine
2) backed up third party aps using BBSAK - worked fine
3) did a wipe using BBSAK - this surprised me because after I answered "are you sure" with Y - I got an instataneous message saying the wipe was complete (no bar showing progress or anything) but the unit did progress to a 507 error as I expected
4) using add / remove, uninstalled any previous device software
5) downloaded and installed 191 on the computer (from BBC's hybrid list)
6) overwrote 191 with 230 (use BBC's Noinfo file from MEGA)
7) deleted the vendor file
8) used add / remove to delete Rim Internal Tools
9) went to launch ap loader, but couldn't get it to run (clicked icon - no dice)
10)then launched DM to see if it would show a connection which it would not - interestingly - Blackberry Device manager shows my pin and a connected status, but nothing I do will get DM to recognize the unit
11) then followed Neo's instructions on deleting the Intellisnc file - still no help
So where I am is I am stuck with the 507 error but can't load any os because I can't get the computer to recognize my unit
One other wierd thing is that When I run BBSAK, BBSAK connects fine (I know this because when I use wipe, I can see the unit responding)
Up last night until 3 trying to fix this - PLEASE HELP
thanks JNEPS -
(1) went to the ap loader file (c>programfiles>commonfiles>RIM>apploader>deleteve n dor.xml>loader.exe) but don't show anything that corresponds to " deleteven dor.xml>loader.exe " - what should I be doing here?
(2) did a bat pull while connected - BB device manager showed my pin in connected status - DM, when I hit the connection status showed type USB and my pin, but when I ok'd out, the connection still showed none
(3) windows xp - tried several versions of DM all to no avail