Desktop Manager Not recognizing BB - RESOLVED - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Desktop Manager Not recognizing BB - RESOLVED

  1. #41
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    do me a favor No... go Control panel>add/remove programs> then tell em what all you have listed for blackberry DEVICE software.




  2. #42
    brohlijk's Avatar
    brohlijk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    N.J
    PIN
    304A4802
    Device
    storm
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    226
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I have vista and dm 5.0
    Baby you spaguetti?

  3. #43
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brohlijk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I have vista and dm 5.0
    64bit? and are you trying to backup/restore? if so try downgrading DM to 4.7 instead of 5.0.. also go into options>applications>go under core and make sure you have everything set to allow

  4. #44
    brohlijk's Avatar
    brohlijk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    N.J
    PIN
    304A4802
    Device
    storm
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    226
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Dm sees it but my pc doesn't
    Baby you spaguetti?

  5. #45
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brohlijk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Dm sees it but my pc doesn't
    ok.. what are you trying to do?

  6. #46
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times

    DM recognition problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 5.0.0.191)



    Have trying removing DM from the computer making a repai to the installation of it?

    Totally uninstalled dm 5.0 - installed dm4.7 - same problem - does not recognize the bb

  7. #47
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Noel... can you confirm the windows OS you are on right now when having the problem please?

  8. #48
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times

    Device recognition problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Noel... can you confirm the windows OS you are on right now when having the problem please?

    Windows XP Standard

  9. #49
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by noelfales
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Noel... can you confirm the windows OS you are on right now when having the problem please?

    Windows XP Standard
    Noel, I know you said you deleted vendor.xml file....but this is what I will have you try: please search your pc for vendor file including advanced hidden files. sorry I know you have been every alley but let's try all options before we send you to another pc, etc.

  10. #50
    brohlijk's Avatar
    brohlijk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    N.J
    PIN
    304A4802
    Device
    storm
    OS
    .148
    Posts
    226
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by brohlijk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Dm sees it but my pc doesn't
    ok.. what are you trying to do?
    Im trying to load music onto my phone
    Baby you spaguetti?

  11. #51
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by brohlijk
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by brohlijk View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Dm sees it but my pc doesn't
    ok.. what are you trying to do?
    Im trying to load music onto my phone
    Brohlijk, please make sure your mass storage mode is enabled.

  12. #52
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Noel, I know you said you deleted vendor.xml file....but this is what I will have you try: please search your pc for vendor file including advanced hidden files. sorry I know you have been every alley but let's try all options before we send you to another pc, etc.
    Searched entire computer including hidden - only vendor files were in the recycle bin

  13. #53
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by noelfales
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Noel, I know you said you deleted vendor.xml file....but this is what I will have you try: please search your pc for vendor file including advanced hidden files. sorry I know you have been every alley but let's try all options before we send you to another pc, etc.
    Searched entire computer including hidden - only vendor files were in the recycle bin
    Ok. Sounds good. Go ahead and empty recycle bin, as at one point it was an issue for me. Then try launching loader again. Also, make sure dm is closed, when attempting to launch loader.

  14. #54
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Ok. Sounds good. Go ahead and empty recycle bin, as at one point it was an issue for me. Then try launching loader again. Also, make sure dm is closed, when attempting to launch loader.

    Nope - nope dice - double clicking the ap loader icon does nothing at all ( I get a very brief hour glass which goes out immediately)

  15. #55
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noelfales View Post
    Nope - nope dice - double clicking the ap loader icon does nothing at all ( I get a very brief hour glass which goes out immediately)
    if you right click do you get an option to run as admin? and DM is closed while you are doing this right?

  16. #56
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    if you right click do you get an option to run as admin? and DM is closed while you are doing this right?

    Get option to run as administrator but nothing happens, and yes DM is shut down

    unit has "reload software 507" on a blank screen
    Last edited by noelfales; 09-24-2009 at 01:59 PM.

  17. #57
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noelfales View Post
    Get option to run as administrator but nothing happens, and yes DM is shut down
    ok are you still at the 507 screen?

  18. #58
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times

    recognition problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    ok are you still at the 507 screen?
    yes

  19. #59
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noelfales View Post
    yes
    Do you have BBSAK? and if I repeat steps you went through with olta let me know.

  20. #60
    noelfales's Avatar
    noelfales is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    114 hybrid
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Do you have BBSAK? and if I repeat steps you went through with olta let me know.
    will do and yes I have BBSAK - have to go pick up my son - back later - thanks n
    Last edited by noelfales; 09-24-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •