Thread: Changing Default Text Input to Numbers in Curve

BarbJones is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Curve 9360
    Liked
    2 times

Changing Default Text Input to Numbers in Curve

Hello there,

It's just recently that I bought a 9360 and using it for my work purpose. Prior to that I owned an Android. Now probably that's the reason where I'm yet to settledown with using BB well.

My work involves calling our clients, channel partners, vendors etc. extensively, so when I dial numbers in BB, it displays text as default. Now, I don't want that, it should dial the numbers. Here after typing in the numbers, I need to scroll down every time to dial the desired number, which is frustrating.

I'm sure there'd be somewhere in the settings to make the changes, but don't happen to find it. I'd appreciate if someone can kindly direct me to making the desired changes.

Thanks.

Barb

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, sorry, I missed referring to my Dad's Torch where I could dial the number by default in the first place. So if it's there in one of the variants, I'm sure it'd be possible in Curve as well.

Device
    Curve 9360
    Liked
    2 times
    Guys, did someone manage to find a solution ? Or do I need to live with it ?
    Use my BB 9360 for Work @WHUK - Website Hosting for Business

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Hang on bro, trying to get the correct steps for you.
    BarbJones likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Don't see why it should be displaying letters instead of numbers when you type in a phone number. Letters are only suppose to display when you hold down ALT while typing.

Have you tried checking out your phone options? Hit the call button to go into your call screen and hit the BlackBerry menu button. Then select Options from the list. There may be a setting for what you are trying to accomplish.
    BarbJones likes this.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    Curve 9360
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Don't see why it should be displaying letters instead of numbers when you type in a phone number. Letters are only suppose to display when you hold down ALT while typing.
    This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Have you tried checking out your phone options? Hit the call button to go into your call screen and hit the BlackBerry menu button. Then select Options from the list. There may be a setting for what you are trying to accomplish.
    Tried fidgeting with all these possibilities. I've had a word with our office admin dept., would be handing over the device to them at the end of this day. Let's see if they can do something about it.

But it's really strange that there aren't many people who've faced a similar issue with the device. That forces me to think that there MUST be an option where I can change the default input settings. Let me wait until next week if our crew figures it out. If not then I'll ask for a new device as a replacement.
    Use my BB 9360 for Work @WHUK - Website Hosting for Business

DownForce is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Bold 9700 & Curve 3G
    OS
    Liked
    86 times
    When you punch in the numbers, is it the search that is being activated and that is what you are seeing as text? If so, the numbers that you want to dial should be showing up directly under the search input box but it shouldn't be necessary to scroll down and select dial. If you press the green dial button pictured here the phone will dial the number you have keyed in.
    Joe Jerde likes this.