Curver 9360 Browser problem

Thread: Curver 9360 Browser problem

Mxo
    Mxo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Mxo On Twitter Add Mxo on Facebook
    Device
    Curve 9360
    OS
    9360/7.1.0.794 (B222
    Carrier
    MTN-SA
    Liked
    2 times

Unhappy Curver 9360 Browser problem

Hi. I have a problem with my browser here, it won't access any web site. It shows "error 503" or "Bad Gateway" everytime, even when I try blackberryos and facebook. Help plz, how do I fix this

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Make sure you aren't entering the mobile site url with a www. in front of them. So it should be m.blackberryos.com

If that's not it, you might try sending the service books again. That would ensure that you have the default settings correct.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Mxo
    Device
    Curve 9360
    OS
    9360/7.1.0.794 (B222
    Carrier
    MTN-SA
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok thanks.. I re-sent the service books and it seems to be work fine now
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxo View Post
    That's great. I've heard of this issue before when trying to get to BBOS and this always seems to get it going.
    Glad I could help.
    Last edited by ghostryder; 10-28-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    Awesome! Glad it worked out for you. If there is one thing I know, it's that whatever issue I might have, somebody has had the same problem and somebody else has a solution for it! #everthingBlackBerry
    BB then, now, forever!

troy10 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9360 curve
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN
    Liked
    4 times
    Hope my problem can be fixed lol, I have the same phone, but now and then even with full signal my pages take long to load, and my download speed stays under 20kb/s, iv tried putting the network on n off, battery pulls, service books (I think I did it right) etc. , I have the official 7.1 os, any help would be much appreciated.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troy10 View Post
    Hope my problem can be fixed lol, I have the same phone, but now and then even with full signal my pages take long to load, and my download speed stays under 20kb/s, iv tried putting the network on n off, battery pulls, service books (I think I did it right) etc. , I have the official 7.1 os, any help would be much appreciated.
    How long has this been going on? Since you dl the 7.1 OS? and what OS is it?
    We'll start there and see what's what

AS a matter of fact, here's how to check what OS you have installed to your device.
    Follow these steps to determine which version of BlackBerry Device Software is installed on your smartphone:

On BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7:

1. Open the Options application on your device (sometimes this is within a folder called Settings).
    2. Select Device
    3. Select About Device Versions from the list.
    4. The BlackBerry Device Software version will be the first set of numbers on the third line.

In this example, the number shown is v6.0.0.431, which means this device is running BlackBerry 6.0.

On BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 to 5.0:

1. Open the Options application on your device (sometimes this is within a folder called Settings).
    2. Select About from the list.
    3. The Device Software version will be the first set of numbers on the third line.

In this example, the number shown is v4.5.0.37, which means this device is running BlackBerry device software 4.5.

Last edited by ghostryder; 10-29-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Tutorial from Joe Jerde Owner BBOS
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    I have a similar issue here and there. Sometimes my data runs fast, sometimes it doesn't. There are some things I just don't do without wifi! A few things to look at: Make sure that you don't have applications running in the background taking up memory/cpu and clear your browser cache regularly. Good luck!
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    BB then, now, forever!

Device
    9360 curve
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN
    Liked
    4 times
    I close all apps and clear everything but still doesn't work, and it was fine for most of the time iv had this OS, been getting the problem for about a month now, I'm running 7.1 Bundle 1133 (V7.1.0.336, Platform 9.6.0.51) 3G Bands 1,4,8 , MTN is my carrier aswell

PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    I close all apps and clear everything but still doesn't work, and it was fine for most of the time iv had this OS, been getting the problem for about a month now, I'm running 7.1 Bundle 1133 (V7.1.0.336, Platform 9.6.0.51) 3G Bands 1,4,8 , MTN is my carrier aswell
    Well, I don't know. Is your carrier throttling data speeds? If nothing else, reload your os and see if it helps. Wish I had a simpler solution for ya! Good luck!
    BB then, now, forever!

Device
    9360 curve
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm not sure hey, they could be, I'll reload it and see what happens, thanks though.
    Harmeling68 likes this.

Mxo
    Device
    Curve 9360
    OS
    9360/7.1.0.794 (B222
    Carrier
    MTN-SA
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm not sure hey, they could be, I'll reload it and see what happens, thanks though.
    what happened after you reloaded the OS?
    ..Curvier 93-Series

judas is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    294FA041
    Device
    Bold 9790
    OS
    Version 7.1.0 bundle
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. I have a problem with my browser here, it won't access any web site. It shows "error 503" or "Bad Gateway" everytime, even when I try blackberryos and facebook. Help plz, how do I fix this
    I have a similar problem with my Bold 9790 OS 7.1.0 bundle 39. I have been bypassing it by using Opera instead of the native BlackBerry Browser.
    How do I sort it out on my Bold ?

PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I have a similar problem with my Bold 9790 OS 7.1.0 bundle 39. I have been bypassing it by using Opera instead of the native BlackBerry Browser.
    How do I sort it out on my Bold ?
    Try this: Resend your service books. Messages>Options>Email Account Management>Menu>Service Books. You should now see a "Send Service Books" option. If that doesn't work, call your service provider. I had to do that once when I couldn't use the browser. They took me through a process on my phone that enabled the browser within a few minutes. Good luck and please post back what you find out. Your successes help others with their issues.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    BB then, now, forever!