BlackBerry Curves 9220 And 9320 Specs Leaked

Thread: BlackBerry Curves 9220 And 9320 Specs Leaked

AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    478 times

BlackBerry Curves 9220 And 9320 Specs Leaked

When it rains, it pours. As part of the slides that were leaked this morning, we have learned more about two upcoming devices for 2012: The BlackBerry Curves 9220 and 9320. Both are in some ways downgrades of the current BlackBerry Curve 9350/60/70 lineup but this is done on purpose in order to meet the needs of emerging markets instead. The Curve 9220 will be an EDGE only phone (I always think great battery life) and the 9320 will have 3G connectivity. Areas in Latin America and Asia that do not have abundant 3G connectivity are RIM's primary targets with these new devices.

Specs for the Curve 9320:
    • 2.44″ display
    • 3.2MP camera
    • 512MB RAM
    • magnetometer
    • accelerometer
    • proximity sensors
    Specs for Curve 9220:
    • 2.44″ display
    • EDGE/2G only
    • 2MP camera
    • 512MB RAM
    • Magnetometer
    • Accelerometer
    • Proximity sensors
    What's new

Raised menu buttons. While both of these new Curves are certainly downgrades in terms of camera and radio bands, they do have a couple of things I like. They implement the raised menu keys that we were first introduced to us on the Storm.. err excuse me, Torch 9850/60. These buttons were later applied to the new Bold 9790 which drove many users (myself included) to nominate it as the ugliest Bold to date. I will say these buttons tend to fit the Curve series a lot better than the Bold due to the raised keyboard buttons so in my opinion, they look good.

Dedicated BBM convenience key. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this one quite yet. These new Curves are apparently equipped with a left convenience key, which many have sorely missed (I still don't understand why they got rid of it in the first place, but that's irrelevant). So everyone think "great idea!" right? Well here's the catch, it's labeled "BBM" and apparently it's intended for us to have quicker access to our beloved messaging app. For some this is all fine and dandy but I like to be able to customize my convenience keys. The question then becomes, will this key be customizable via the Options menu like the right key is, or since it's labeled, does RIM intend for us to use it only for BBM and not allow users to change it? We shall see.

Last edited by AgentBlackBerry; 01-26-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Click the Like link in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Resource Center ~ Rules and Guidelines ~ Download Center