sofitee is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    curve 8420
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Can't update BBM..

Hi guys,

I'm trying to update my BBM to the new-ish 5.0 or 5.0.1 BBM because right now mine looks ratherugly and plain, haha can't see anyones display pictures and its very clumsy looking...

I've tried downloading itabout 3 times and rebooting but I still have the same BBM, it coes up with the message ofsmethng along the lines of 'check My Profile and see the Blackberry Registration; which confuses me greatly!

Is it to do with OS compatibility? Mine is currently 4.6.1.310, but it says it can't find any updates available!

Any ideas?mfg:

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Welcome to BBOS sofitee.

Your correct, the operating system needs to be updated before you can download BBM 5 or better. The link below will take you to the newest operating system for your device which should have BBM in it. Just choose the file from your carrier. The second link will take you to an excellent tutorial on how to upgrade your system. Follow that as it is very easy to understand, and you'll have no problems doing this.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.

8900 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

immolation is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow immolation On Twitter
    Device
    8900 curve
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Josh is right, its going to have to be upgraded, I got a 8900 and recently updated to os5 and I'm much happier with BBM and the rest of the os.

If you do have any problems feel free to contact me and I will help you walk through any problems you may have.

The guides that josh has linked are excellent and in plain english, so you should be fine

Good luck

durhabre is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Have the last OS

Hey guys,

I recently got the blackberry 9530 and have the OS 5.0. I have access to 3G and all but I'm still unable to update my blackberry messenger to 5.0
    I currently have 4.7 installed and it wont install any newer version

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Quote Originally Posted by durhabre View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently got the blackberry 9530 and have the OS 5.0. I have access to 3G and all but I'm still unable to update my blackberry messenger to 5.0
    I currently have 4.7 installed and it wont install any newer version
    Do you have a official version of OS 5.0 installed on your device, or a hybrid?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

durhabre is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, yea i have the full OS 5.0 installed.
    I manage to install it finally. Desktop software wouldn't do it and the blackberry website asked for an email address. My device itself wouldn't let me register an email address but I managed to do so via my network (o2) website and eventually got the link sent to my device to download + install it.
    Thought I'd mentioned it for anyone else having problems
    Joe Jerde likes this.