atifajaz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow atifajaz On Twitter
    PIN
    211E1514
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy update issue

i have updated a couple of operating systems on my 8900, the problem is that its memory is reduced on each update, is it just because the old OS file remain on the memory or else, how can i get rid of this problem

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    When you did the update, did you completely wipe it with JL_Commander OR BBSAK?
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

PIN
    211E1514
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question

i did the update with BB desktop manager and i did not completely wipe the device, further to this, the RAM also decreases rapidly and i have to restart the device to claim the lost memory, what do you suggest

PIN
    211E1514
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Wink network restrictions

my network has restricted BB services, made the web browser limited to wap service browser, facebook, twitter application cannot sign in (i.e. all applications running on BIS do not work)
    the question is, can i break the network restrictions ? and how ?
    needless to mention that i am a BIS subscriber.
    Last edited by atifajaz; 08-13-2010 at 01:21 AM.

chef423 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    213E3DDF
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    Wirelessly posted

In my signature there is a link on how to properly update your OS. I suggest looking into it, if done successful it should fix your issues good luck!

I do not see the link. I need help as well. i have the 8900 and i am running the v4.6.1.319 and the Desktop Software will not let me install the new 5.0.0.1067...is there a way to do this without running that Desktop Manager? i have the 8900.exe downloaded, but when I goto install it, says "REPAIR" or "UNINSTALL" umm, i do not see where this program is installed.

Help. Please.

Thanks,
    chef

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Where did you download it from, and who is your carrier? If you are unsure about your carrier version check here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Then follow this tutorial to properly upgrade your OS:

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html
    Joe Jerde and Youssef like this.

alanjolin is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    236b7e39
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6. 534. beta
    Carrier
    vodafone UK
    Liked
    41 times
    Yes you can, the easiest way is. To use your app loader on Desktop manager

1 select. Computer > C drive > Program files > Common files > research in Motion > Apploader.

Then if your using the software for your carrier, just click. On the little phone icon in the file list.

This will start the apploader, which wipes your device as part of the sequence, prior to this it will back up all 3rd party apps and data.

If its another carriers OS, when your in the research in motion folder go to shared folder, open your operating system file there and delete the Vendor.XML file. If you can't find it, use the file search function and delete it, also make sure you empty the recycle bin after deleting it.

If a OS for your device won't load, there's a vendor.xml file hiding! So with such difficulties, use the search function on your PC.

Check out the tutorials here, and threads relating to loading software

Alan
    Last edited by alanjolin; 04-26-2011 at 02:12 PM.

alanjolin is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    236b7e39
    Device
    Bold 9780
    OS
    6. 534. beta
    Carrier
    vodafone UK
    Liked
    41 times
    The reason why there seems to be less memory, is simply the newer Operating system is larger.

When you update using Desktop Manger, the apploader wipes your device as part of the sequence.

Basically your device is using more Data, this is common on 8900's. Google BerrycoderMaxmem, download direct to your device the maxmem app, this will remove a lot of the cod files you don't ever use, also you don't ever get to see. Check out the posts/threads on this forum, that relate to OS shrinking.

Also check the tutorials here how to do so, and you'll free up a lot of Application memory.

Maxmem is the easiest way to go, just follow the instructions, it will ask each time you make a selection if you wish to reboot. Select later, then when you have completed the selections. Give your device 3 Battery pulls, to settle the OS in and presto! Your up and running.

If you wish to use the shrinking tools available, then really check out the tutorials first.

But with any of these (even JLcmndr) the worst thing you would have to do is load your OS again.

No shrinking programme, would permanantley 'Brick' your device. Just alway Back up your data, and do that Often.

Alan
    Joe Jerde and Youssef like this.