Thread: Hands on review of Curve 8530

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times

Hands on review of Curve 8530

With all the hype of the upcoming Storm 2 some may have forgotten about Verizon also releasing the "Curve 2" as it is being referred to by Verizon but we all know it as the 8530. While there is no set date of release nor price, Kevin over at Crackberry has done a great hands on article of the 8530. It out does all previous Curves from the 83 series and its little brother 8520. However does not stand up to the 8900 which has a larger, high res. screen.

(table taken from actual article)

The 8530 is the second BlackBerry being released by Verizon that includes WiFi so it is good to see truth stand behind Verizons statement about WiFi and all future BB devices. We all know how Verizon is with their "promises". Kevin also brought up something that I like!! Simultaneous Voice and Data! Being on Verizon you could not talk on the phone and send or receive e-mail's or texts but with the added capability of WiFi, we can now!!

george123ross is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow george123ross On Twitter
    PIN
    30D29E43
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    looking at that chart the biggest diff i can see from the 8330 is the WiFi. Doesn't even have flash

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by george123ross View Post
    looking at that chart the biggest diff i can see from the 8330 is the WiFi. Doesn't even have flash
    And the memory is bumped up a lot from the 8330 And the trackpad.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz