wi-fi connected but it ain't working.

Thread: wi-fi connected but it ain't working.

Kimberly Mae is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

wi-fi connected but it ain't working.

I got my home wi-fi connected into my bb curve 8520 but whenever I go to internet browser it suddenly said YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED to wi-fi and my facebook app or most of my apps didn't work but I have my home-wifi turned on and the wi-fi logo lights up. I know this sounds so confusing right now. But I need your help, I can't have a bb without any wi-fi.

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Mae View Post
    I got my home wi-fi connected into my bb curve 8520 but whenever I go to internet browser it suddenly said YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED to wi-fi and my facebook app or most of my apps didn't work but I have my home-wifi turned on and the wi-fi logo lights up. I know this sounds so confusing right now. But I need your help, I can't have a bb without any wi-fi.
    Try this: delete your saved home wifi from your phone. Pull your battery and reconnect to your wifi once it powers back on.

Also, check your network settings on your BB. Make sure all the right stuff is set right. Good luck and please post back.
    BB then, now, forever!

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    495 times
    Check out Network and Connections > Wi-Fi Network > you can either scan for your home wireless network, or choose the other options, clicking onto Other ways to connect > Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) or just manually Connect to Network (which could be a hassle for new owners of the Wi-Fi feature).

Also, if you wish, return to the WiFi Network window, and click Saved Wi-Fi Networks, look for the same wireless network you usually connect to, and delete it.
    Re-attempted to connect to the chosen Wi-Fi network, and follow the prompts.

Also, check this article written by BlackBerry Help Blog, How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a BlackBerry smartphone

Thank you.

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    750 times
    You may want to power cycle your router as well. Also let us know what model your router is. The 8520 will not work on an 802.11 n WiFi connection.
    grimreaper likes this.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    +1 ice. I had to power cycle my router to establish constant connection with my 9800 Torch. Never had an issue after the power cycle.
    its like rebooting your computer. It puts things back where they should be.
    grimreaper likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    You may want to power cycle your router as well. Also let us know what model your router is. The 8520 will not work on an 802.11 n WiFi connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
    +1 ice. I had to power cycle my router to establish constant connection with my 9800 Torch. Never had an issue after the power cycle.
    its like rebooting your computer. It puts things back where they should be.
    That's a good point ice, many users could have never guessed that by unplugging your wireless router by 10-15 secs, then plug back in will "clean up" the router, it's like flushing the cache.

Another way is to sign into the router (which may be advanced for some), and reboot the router via wireless connection.

Thanx guys!

Kimberly Mae is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    guys I tried all of your suggestions but none work. I don't know what to do anymore. Beside it was working last april but now it didn't. Also my bbm can't send messages and has a red X , no recent updates and it has no pictures of my contact. I tried un-installing it and re-install again but none of that had worked. internet wasn't working but it's connected to my home wi-fi. Pls help.

ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    guys I tried all of your suggestions but none work. I don't know what to do anymore. Beside it was working last april but now it didn't. Also my bbm can't send messages and has a red X , no recent updates and it has no pictures of my contact. I tried un-installing it and re-install again but none of that had worked. internet wasn't working but it's connected to my home wi-fi. Pls help.
    Hello Kimberly Mae and welcome to
    I would suggest you update your device OS to the new Official OS for Curve 8520 that was released this June.
    Check that OS here: Redington_8520_5.0.0.1096

Let us know what will happen ok.
    ToraxCefiro
    Click the LIKE button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center[B] | Rules and Guidelines[B] l

Sidharth Giri is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    why 802.11 will not work on blackberry 8520?