HELP! uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app (221) is not responding

Thread: HELP! uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app (221) is not responding

missroman is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    curve
    Liked
    0 times

HELP! uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app (221) is not responding

My BB Bold does not allow me to get in any application (not even make a call/ access sms messages (eventhough it seems that I have 3 new unread ones), not the email either) Everytime I try to click on each of ths icons, the BB get collapsed and messages like this "uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app (221) is not responding" comes out. I can get into the Whasapp application and it workd for a while but then suddenly it get collapsed as well and the system ask me to reset. When I reset it, and replace the battery... this process starts again. Does anybody know what can I do to sort this out and be able to us my BB again? Any idea of what´s going on? Many thanks!

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by missroman View Post
    My BB Bold does not allow me to get in any application (not even make a call/ access sms messages (eventhough it seems that I have 3 new unread ones), not the email either) Everytime I try to click on each of ths icons, the BB get collapsed and messages like this "uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app (221) is not responding" comes out. I can get into the Whasapp application and it workd for a while but then suddenly it get collapsed as well and the system ask me to reset. When I reset it, and replace the battery... this process starts again. Does anybody know what can I do to sort this out and be able to us my BB again? Any idea of what´s going on? Many thanks!
    First things first, plug your phone into your computer and do a back up using your DM.
    It's possible that a third party app may be causing this issue. If you have third party app loaded, you should delete them, do a battery pull when the phone is on and let it sit for about a minute before replacing it and booting back up. Check for the problem.
    If there is still an issue, I suggest either re downloading the current OS or upgrading to a newer OS.
    You can get the latest official OS from here. And you can read the best how-to-download instructions here.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt