Thread: first-timer error

lrosenb1 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Curve 8530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

first-timer error

i just got the 8530 and connected it to my mac desktop manager to update all the applications. i got the following message while doing so and have no idea what it means:

BlackBerry® Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry® device update.

Failed to validate OS image file: /Users/Louis/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Device Applications/a0a1ef2ed4ae31318fcd2b91d9f12a316ca6706a/rim0x05000F04j.sfi

i believe i have v5.0.0.508, which it says i have in the About page, and platform 4.2.0.324, whatever that is.

how can i fix the problem and update all the applications?

thanks!
    Last edited by lrosenb1; 07-01-2010 at 02:44 AM.

apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lrosenb1 View Post
    i just got the 8530 and connected it to my mac desktop manager to update all the applications. i got the following message while doing so and have no idea what it means:

BlackBerry® Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry® device update.

Failed to validate OS image file: /Users/Louis/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Device Applications/a0a1ef2ed4ae31318fcd2b91d9f12a316ca6706a/rim0x05000F04j.sfi

i believe i have v5.0.0.508, which it says i have in the About page, and platform 4.2.0.324, whatever that is.

how can i fix the problem and update all the applications?

thanks!
    Hi Louis,

I had the same issue with an 8530 on a Mac as well. I removed the referenced downloaded image file and had the DM redownload the file. Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue for me.

You can do a OTA software upgrade, though it may take a while. You can customize the download and remove any app's or extra's that you don't need, such as foreign language support, games, etc. This will reduce the size of the download.

I had a windows laptop available and so I ended up doing the upgrade through DM that way.

You may also want to try and remove DM from the Mac and reinstall and see if that may help.
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman