my keypad lock icon is missing

Thread: my keypad lock icon is missing

MC2885 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    curve 8520
    Liked
    0 times

my keypad lock icon is missing

so i finished updating my curve 8520 to os 5.0 and now my keypad lock icon is missing. its not even an option in my phone. has anyone else had problems with this or does someone know how to fix this? thanks

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't have a lock icon either. However I just use the lock button at the top of my phone.
    Posted via mobile device

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MC2885 View Post
    so i finished updating my curve 8520 to os 5.0 and now my keypad lock icon is missing. its not even an option in my phone. has anyone else had problems with this or does someone know how to fix this? thanks
    I read that you use ALT/A to lock your screen....and then I read you use the Mute key to lock, and....*/green button to unlock. I don't think 5.0.0.XXX comes with a keypad lock icon. I don't own an 8520, just did a little search for you. Try those...and any 8520 members out there, please chime in if I'm wrong

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    On the 8520 you can lock the device hitting the key A if you have no password set, to unlock hit the play key (top middle), if you have password set hit the k key and that will lock it and will show your lock icon
    Posted via mobile device

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    On the 8520 you can lock the device hitting the key A if you have no password set, to unlock hit the play key (top middle), if you have password set hit the k key and that will lock it and will show your lock icon
    Posted via mobile device
    This is correct. The lock feature and standby feature have been combined in the later 5.0 OS's unless you have a password set in which case it works as it always has.

BBerryLuvvaxx is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    236E93EA
    Device
    Curve 8520
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Does using the mute key to unlock device mean that you can't pause music while the device is locked??
    And also, does anyone know if BlackBerry 6 will be officially released for the 8520 before August 2012?? If not then upgrading to Bold or Torch but if it will be released then I will get t for my 8520!!!

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBerryLuvvaxx View Post
    Does using the mute key to unlock device mean that you can't pause music while the device is locked??
    Possibly, because you are assigning that key a different function.

And also, does anyone know if BlackBerry 6 will be officially released for the 8520 before August 2012?? If not then upgrading to Bold or Torch but if it will be released then I will get t for my 8520!!!
    Don't know if the 8520 will even get OS 6. Perhaps a Hybrid form of OS 6 like the Storm may get, but unlikely a full version of OS 6.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

sharath0007 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Device
    Curve 8520
    OS
    v5.0.0.681
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I read that you use ALT/A to lock your screen....and then I read you use the Mute key to lock, and....*/green button to unlock. I don't think 5.0.0.XXX comes with a keypad lock icon. I don't own an 8520, just did a little search for you. Try those...and any 8520 members out there, please chime in if I'm wrong

Hey, in an 8520 long-pressing the 'a' button locks the keypad, and to unlock you gotta press the mute key on top. Is there any way I can change this unlock button to another?, coz my mute key doesn't work any more

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharath0007 View Post
    Hey, in an 8520 long-pressing the 'a' button locks the keypad, and to unlock you gotta press the mute key on top. Is there any way I can change this unlock button to another?, coz my mute key doesn't work any more
    To unlock I believe you can only do this from the designated lock button on the top of the device.

A solution you could always set a password on your device and lock and unlock it that way.

PIN
    Device
    Curve 8520
    OS
    v5.0.0.681
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    To unlock I believe you can only do this from the designated lock button on the top of the device.

A solution you could always set a password on your device and lock and unlock it that way.
    Thank you for the reply. But the restart (alt shift del) combo still works when the password lock is on, so my fone often ends up restarted by my jeans' pocket.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Thank you for the reply. But the restart (alt shift del) combo still works when the password lock is on, so my fone often ends up restarted by my jeans' pocket.
    You could always get a case for your belt clip, that issue would go away for you.

PIN
    Device
    Curve 8520
    OS
    v5.0.0.681
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    You could always get a case for your belt clip, that issue would go away for you.
    Hmm, belt clips are sort of not-so-cool
    And also I have the left conveniance button set to passwordlock so that's a waste of my conv button too . Btw how do I subscribe to threads on this forum?

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Hmm, belt clips are sort of not-so-cool
    And also I have the left conveniance button set to passwordlock so that's a waste of my conv button too . Btw how do I subscribe to threads on this forum?
    Belt clips are awesome! Don't listen to your friends.

Go to the top of the thread and click on 'thread tools', then select subscribe.