8530 from Verizon, trying to find out what OS to put on it.

Thread: 8530 from Verizon, trying to find out what OS to put on it.

Michael2367 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times

8530 from Verizon, trying to find out what OS to put on it.

My wife has the 8530 from Verizon and i am trying to find out what OS should she have and how do I find any leaks that might be out there to make her phone better. Thanks for all of the help.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Hey Michael,

The 8530 is a pretty solid beginner device. While it lacks in the display area, I still find myself liking it. I actually put up the Storm 2 for a bit to get some use out of the 8530 and prefer the 8530 over the S2. As far as your question is concerned, you should never hold your breath for a Verizon OS to be released. Ever. You have a better chance of seeing Elvis and 2pac skipping down the street together. The latest official OS for the 8530 is through Sprint which is 5.0.0.459. However the latest beta OS that is out for the 8530 is 5.0.0.469. I ran the official .459 and then loaded .469 the other day. I can't really say if their are improvements between the two because I did not spend much time with the .459. It will come down to personal preference as to which you would like. A Blackberry addict always has the latest known OS on their phone .

How do you find leaks? Well, this is where we get to show off our strengths. We have one of the best download centers for you to browse through ALL of the OS's whether it be official or leaked (beta). You can access it by clicking the Downloads tab up at the top or by clicking on the following link : BlackberryOS.com - Downloads
    If you want to be notified with out even being around a PC, we have an application that will alert you the moment an OS has been posted on the net, both official and leaked. The application is bbOSalert and you can find more information on that here

Hope this helps ya out some, if you have any other questions let me know and/or one of our awesome members here will be able to help you.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Since you ask about software I would like to mention that if you need any help loading the OS,
    we also have the Resource section and its' sub forum How To Guides.

There are several threads that can be very helpful. Most have pictures and several even have video to follow along. Check out the Stickies.

If you want an All-In-One-Guide the link is in my signature below.

Good luck
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Michael2367 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Can i load the Sprint OS version onto a Verizon phone as long as I get rid of the Vender file?

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Elvis and 2pac? Wow....
    Anyway, Brett is right, you can browse our list of leaks and hybrids for something you are interested in. One of the best things about that is that you can read from other users what their opinions are of any specific OS.
    Feel free to browse and download any of the OSs available, and if you have issues or comments, we are here to help.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael2367 View Post
    Can i load the Sprint OS version onto a Verizon phone as long as I get rid of the Vender file?
    Yes you can.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    You may a few times run into an issue where the OS will not show available as an upgrade when using apploader. This happens quite a bit with me, I would recommend using BBSAK to load any OS's. At first I had never really dealt with BBSAK until I used it for the first time and instantly loved it. Never had an issue with any upgrades. You can get BBSAK here : BlackberryOS.com - Downloads - BBSAK Version 1.7