8530 Reboots INSTANTLY when plugged into PC?

Thread: 8530 Reboots INSTANTLY when plugged into PC?

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times

8530 Reboots INSTANTLY when plugged into PC?

An 8530 I have is rebooting the second it's plugged into a PC. Then it locks into a cycle or timer images (never gets to the BlackBerry screen)...when I unplug it shuts off and only a battery pull brings it back.

I've already gone into core applications and set all permissions to allow. There are no 3rd party apps other than VVM and City ID.

Any clues?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    An 8530 I have is rebooting the second it's plugged into a PC. Then it locks into a cycle or timer images (never gets to the BlackBerry screen)...when I unplug it shuts off and only a battery pull brings it back.

I've already gone into core applications and set all permissions to allow. There are no 3rd party apps other than VVM and City ID.

Any clues?
    DAng man cant even wait and have faith lol

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Should be a defective or non-Berry (= incompatible) cable, please try another cable if available - the induction power when connected potentially overloads the berry and shuts it down for security reasons

sunkast Guest
    What if you try connecting without a battery? Like in the bricked guide.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    Should be a defective or non-Berry (= incompatible) cable, please try another cable if available - the induction power when connected potentially overloads the berry and shuts it down for security reasons
    I used the BB cable that came with it. I've now gone through the other 4 BB cables I have...nada...I've tried all 6 USB ports on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    What if you try connecting without a battery? Like in the bricked guide.
    Tried it without the battery, and as soon as I installed the battery, it rebooted. I'm doing a security wipe now. If that doesn't do it, Neppers recommended removing everything BB on the PC and trying again.

I installed the battery after plugging it in but did NOT try and restore methods. Maybe I should have tried that first?

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Instant reboot when plugged in after security wipe as well

PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you - by any chance - have a card reader on your PC? Is it empty? Just blew up my berry lately when I forgot a camera storage card in it...

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    Do you - by any chance - have a card reader on your PC? Is it empty? Just blew up my berry lately when I forgot a camera storage card in it...
    The card reader is built into the PC. I just tried it on another PC and it worked fine. I'm uninstalling DM and anything BB right now. Reinstall/Fix I hope...

PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    we should all go for Mac...if they weren't so expensive...

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Mac = fail. No really, I've never used one so I will stick with my good ol' fashioned PC!

Uninstalling everything on you're computer and reinstalling it should fix it. I know it sounds obvious, but have you tried different USB slots?
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

PROB1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow PROB1 On Twitter
    PIN
    3229CE01
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I had a similar problem with my Tour. Turns out that Docs To Go 2.0 and my O/S did not play well together. I can't remember which O/S I had at the time but it was an early 5.0 leak, not 5.0.0.419 which works fine. Docs to Go 2.0 was fine, but as soon as loaded Docs to Go Files (The app that syncs my BB and desktop files). If the app was on my phone it instantly started rebooting when I plugged in the USB. When I deleted it everything was fine. When I went back to 4.7 O/S all worked fine. Docs customer support was no help. I now have 5.0.0.419 and everything is still fine. Sorry for babbling on, but check and see if you might be having the same issue. Options > Applications Should say Documents to go files 2.0001.16 if its there. It is NOT Documents to Go 2.0001.16
    Good Luck

three6t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Did this every get resolved as I have the same thing happen to my Storm one on a Mac?

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by three6t View Post
    Did this every get resolved as I have the same thing happen to my Storm one on a Mac?
    I had the exact issue on my storm, I had to reformat my PC at the time and load everything fresh to solve the problem.

I assume it to be a corrupt file with the BB software and Vista (in my case).
    If you have updated your software and it is still not working then reformatting your computer may be what's left. I that is something you can do.

I am unfamiliar with a Mac, but Mine would work on XP and not on Vista at the time that I had the issue.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

harborrunner is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    having the same issue right now. im going to uninstall everything and try again. sometimes i got a port error message. sometimes i didnt. ill take a look again and check back later today/tomorrow. I have to file my taxes first...

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harborrunner View Post
    having the same issue right now. im going to uninstall everything and try again. sometimes i got a port error message. sometimes i didnt. ill take a look again and check back later today/tomorrow. I have to file my taxes first...
    After you uninstall everything and try again let us know if that worked out for you or not.

xoomer is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9000
    Liked
    2 times
    You might be facing problems with your softare or OS of the BB. Take it to the service center and get your software updated. then try plugging it into the PC again.
    Joe Jerde likes this.