PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question Help with 8520!!!!

Hey guys this my sound a bit weird but my mom found a curve 8520 inside of the uniforms she cleans ( RIM Uniforms ) anyways the unit does not have a battery or a back cover and also a front part at the bottom of the unit.....my question is would it work if i put a sim card or what would i need to do in order to make it work???
    BTW i got a battery and it turns on but its locked.

Any tips would be much appreciated!!!

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    My honest opinion of that would be to find the owner of the unit. It may have already been reported lost or stolen and rendered inoperative.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugly View Post
    My honest opinion of that would be to find the owner of the unit. It may have already been reported lost or stolen and rendered inoperative.
    Exactly. You can call the carrier and report that you found it. It's probably of no use to you at this point.

popusito is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well weird thing is its a 8520 but its on the body of 8530 and its from the UK i think is a tester phone since my mom got it before it was released...thats why i dont now where to call since is from a Orange network!!!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popusito View Post
    Well weird thing is its a 8520 but its on the body of 8530 and its from the UK i think is a tester phone since my mom got it before it was released...thats why i dont now where to call since is from a Orange network!!!
    8520 and 8530 are the same just different radios the phones look identical. If its from the UK its an 8520 and if it was a tester phone it will be useless to you anyhow as RIM will have blocked the PIN number. And the ESN. THe right thing to do would be take it back to the company in which the uniform came from. But on that note since its not your phone we are oging to have to close this up

THank you