8330 & BBM 5.0.0.33?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: 8330 & BBM 5.0.0.33?

  1. #1
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    My sis wants the new BBM but when she goes to download it, it say it's not supported by her device. She is on the other side of the country so I can't really help her to update. Where on the 8330 can she find the update phone option?
    Last edited by BDRAGON; 10-08-2009 at 01:30 PM.




  2. #2
    BBThemesUnltd's Avatar
    BBThemesUnltd is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    PIN
    TrickY
    Device
    9630
    OS
    4.7.1.57
    Posts
    523
    Liked
    0 times
    umm a member of another place that i have spoken to has the 8330 for sprint and has the new 5.0 bbm on the device.. he just yesterday downgraded to official latest of whatever is on OS.. did u try the OTA ( latest official is 4.5.0.160 i believe or .163 )

  3. #3
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    My sis wants the new BBM but when she goes to download it, it say it's not supported by her device. She is on the other side of the country so I can't really help her to update. Where on the 8330 can she find the update phone option?
    Have you tried having her go to http://blackberry.com/messenger on her BlackBerry ?

  4. #4
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I change the question in the OP cause I found the answer to that question in the sticky.

  5. #5
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    My sis wants the new BBM but when she goes to download it, it say it's not supported by her device. She is on the other side of the country so I can't really help her to update. Where on the 8330 can she find the update phone option?
    Have you tried having her go to http://blackberry.com/messenger on her BlackBerry ?
    Yea & she got the error message. She hasn't upgraded since she had the phone. I'm still trying to figure out how we're related. Lol

  6. #6
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Yea & she got the error message. She hasn't upgraded since she had the phone. I'm still trying to figure out how we're related. Lol
    You know what OS she is running currently ?

    I am guessing BBM 5.0 is almost compatible with almost all OS's

    Note: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 is only compatible with officially released BlackBerry Device Software. Unofficial software will not be supported.
    Last edited by Kris; 10-08-2009 at 01:48 PM.

  7. #7
    BBThemesUnltd's Avatar
    BBThemesUnltd is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    PIN
    TrickY
    Device
    9630
    OS
    4.7.1.57
    Posts
    523
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Yea & she got the error message. She hasn't upgraded since she had the phone. I'm still trying to figure out how we're related. Lol
    hahahah i had to snatch my wifes fone out her hand also.. she kept the 4.3 on till i took her fone hostage hahaha

  8. #8
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You know what OS she is running currently ?
    Sorry off topic. Good to see you around here Kris
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  9. #9
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Sorry off topic. Good to see you around here Kris
    Hey Nate :-)

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    You can always try Installing the COD through BBSAK (if your sister knows how to do this)

    You can grab the COD File here

    Not sure if this work or anything but it's worth a try!

  11. #11
    BBThemesUnltd's Avatar
    BBThemesUnltd is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    PIN
    TrickY
    Device
    9630
    OS
    4.7.1.57
    Posts
    523
    Liked
    0 times
    Off subject -- u gotta teach me sometime soon how to use the BBSAK.. wold appreciate it.. sorry for off topic

  12. #12
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmurf View Post
    Off subject -- u gotta teach me sometime soon how to use the BBSAK.. wold appreciate it.. sorry for off topic
    Here you go Smurf

    How To Use BBSAK

    Some what of a HOW TO if you have any other questions you can ask :-)

  13. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmurf View Post
    Off subject -- u gotta teach me sometime soon how to use the BBSAK.. wold appreciate it.. sorry for off topic
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...how-video.html

    does that help

  14. #14
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    There you go Smurf MUCH BETTER place to look haha

  15. #15
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    sorry kris didnt see you post

  16. #16
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Sad to say, but she just told me she's running 4.3. Where on the 8330 can she find the OTA download option?

  17. #17
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Sad to say, but she just told me she's running 4.3. Where on the 8330 can she find the OTA download option?
    OTA ? for BBM or OS

  18. #18
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    sorry kris didnt see you post
    No worries dude your link was much better anyways haha

  19. #19
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    OS

  20. #20
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    OS

    I don't believe there 4.3 has OTA Feature she would have to download the OS from the Verizon Site and install it through DM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •