8330 Curve won't been seen by computer
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: 8330 Curve won't been seen by computer

  1. #1
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times

    8330 Curve won't been seen by computer

    Wow, I just cannot seem to have any luck with these curves...lol

    I have ANOTHER curve (8330 VZW) {yes, this makes 3 for those at home keeping score...lol} that wants the 160/BBM 5.0 upgrade. This phone isn't seen by ANY computer.

    I have pulled the batt on the Curve and rebooted the computer. No luck. Tried to connect to another computer and still no luck. I am looking at the BB Device manager, and it sees nothing. Windows XP said it found a device, but could not recognize it. I have tried using 2 different cables and the unit still is not seen.

    Any ideas?


    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!


  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Vader have you tired pulling the battery on the phone with it plugged into the pc then letting it reboot? If not give that a try

  3. #3
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    No dice. Still get the "USB Device not recognized"
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    have you gone options>mediacard(or might be memorycard)>mass storage>on mass storage on plug> prompt?

    Edit- I know me again, but I am closing fast on 1,000 posts!!!
    Last edited by jnepsa; 07-21-2009 at 09:34 AM.

  5. #5
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes I have checked "mass storage". One of the 1st things I did check. sorry for not mentioning that...lol

    And Jnespa, I keep working on these Curves, we will get yo to that 1K level here REAL fast....LMAO
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  6. #6
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    Yes I have checked "mass storage". One of the 1st things I did check. sorry for not mentioning that...lol

    And Jnespa, I keep working on these Curves, we will get yo to that 1K level here REAL fast....LMAO
    lol next thing does the phone charge properly or does the cord have to be 'wiggled' to get it to charge?
    and you have cleared the broswer cache on the phone adn on the computer right?
    removed the memory card?

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    Wow, I just cannot seem to have any luck with these curves...lol

    I have ANOTHER curve (8330 VZW) {yes, this makes 3 for those at home keeping score...lol} that wants the 160/BBM 5.0 upgrade. This phone isn't seen by ANY computer.

    I have pulled the batt on the Curve and rebooted the computer. No luck. Tried to connect to another computer and still no luck. I am looking at the BB Device manager, and it sees nothing. Windows XP said it found a device, but could not recognize it. I have tried using 2 different cables and the unit still is not seen.

    Any ideas?
    Have you tried to remove USB divers from your PC, then reinstall the drivers?

  8. #8
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    lol next thing does the phone charge properly or does the cord have to be 'wiggled' to get it to charge?
    and you have cleared the broswer cache on the phone adn on the computer right?
    removed the memory card?
    No memory card. Browser on CPU has been cleaned, Curve browser has been cleaned. Still no connection.

    Now for the odd part. I think I see where you are going, and I went ahead and looked. Phone does not charge from USB cord, (the batt icon does not change to charging) AND there looks like 2 pins that don't set down all the way in the port on the phone.

    No I have not reinstalled the drivers.

    And to confirm "our" theory on the phone port, I plugged up another curve, and it found it immediately. I changed nothing other than the phone.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  9. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    No memory card. Browser on CPU has been cleaned, Curve browser has been cleaned. Still no connection.

    Now for the odd part. I think I see where you are going, and I went ahead and looked. Phone does not charge from USB cord, (the batt icon does not change to charging) AND there looks like 2 pins that don't set down all the way in the port on the phone.

    No I have not reinstalled the drivers.

    And to confirm "our" theory on the phone port, I plugged up another curve, and it found it immediately. I changed nothing other than the phone.
    I would want to say the port maybe going out, those specific pins have to be touching for certain things, wall charger I think only uses 2 pins, usb uses 4 or something like that. I would say how old is the phone

  10. #10
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Have you tried to remove USB divers from your PC, then reinstall the drivers?
    Whats up MIKE! changed your pic again

  11. #11
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I would want to say the port maybe going out, those specific pins have to be touching for certain things, wall charger I think only uses 2 pins, usb uses 4 or something like that. I would say how old is the phone
    a month if that.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  12. #12
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Whats up MIKE! changed your pic again
    Yes...Changing it to keep up with your changes....haha

    Your move....lol

  13. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    a month if that.
    Get it exchanged. I would bet that the cellbrite machine at a store wont read it either... and then tell your friend not to talk on it while on the car charger


    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Yes...Changing it to keep up with your changes....haha

    Your move....lol
    What changes i am always the same lmao....:Eyecrazy:

  14. #14
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    Well got a new unit. Now I can do all I want.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  15. #15
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    Well got a new unit. Now I can do all I want.
    lol good man

    that was to easy and fast still need 12 posts hahah

  16. #16
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    LMAO......do we need to discuss what I *MAY* get into with the next one I do?...lol I am SURE with the next few I will have more trouble.

    I have at least 5 more to complete this upgrade on.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •