Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 46

  1. #17
    phillywisdom is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6

    upgrading to newer software for bbm 5.0

    Okay.. So its okay to have verizon curve 8330 and upgrade to another carriers software? How would I upgrade the software? It would be greatly appreciated thanks. Once I upgrade the software, then how would I be able to get bbm 5.0 on the phone? Thx again




  2. #18
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by phillywisdom View Post
    Okay.. So its okay to have verizon curve 8330 and upgrade to another carriers software? How would I upgrade the software? It would be greatly appreciated thanks. Once I upgrade the software, then how would I be able to get bbm 5.0 on the phone? Thx again
    Yes it is ok First of all what OS are you running on your phone now? On your phone go to options>about and tell me what your version number is

  3. #19
    phillywisdom is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6

    Help..

    Thx for your help. 4.5.0.77

  4. #20
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by phillywisdom View Post
    Thx for your help. 4.5.0.77
    Ok so here is what you will want to do

    Back up your phone and 3rd party apps.
    Download and install to your PC 4.5.0.160 Here

    Once that is done then download BBM 5.0 for the curve Here

    navigate to c>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader>.160 os folder

    Copy the alx file from the BBM 5.0 into the .160 os folder
    then copy all the cod files from BBM 5.0 into your java folder (which is inside the main os folder) and select replace

    Then navigate to C>prog files>common files>research in motion>app loader>>>>scroll down to the bottom of the list and you should see a vendor file >delete that

    In the same folder you will see a phone icon (tittle app loader) double click that, which will launch app loader. At this point make sure you phone is plugged into the PC and click next

  5. #21
    phillywisdom is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6

    help with bbm 5.0

    Okay.. so far I downloaded everything.. Im trying to navigate to that folder.. I can shared . loaded files.. but dont see .160 os folder? I see 4.5.077 folder? Thx

  6. #22
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by phillywisdom View Post
    Okay.. so far I downloaded everything.. Im trying to navigate to that folder.. I can shared . loaded files.. but dont see .160 os folder? I see 4.5.077 folder? Thx
    OK first thing did you install the .160 download? and second go to add/remove programs and delete the 4.5.0.77 off you pc

  7. #23
    phillywisdom is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Okay.. I'm off to work. I will try tonite... Thx for your help . I appreciate it. I will get back to you.

  8. #24
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by phillywisdom View Post
    Okay.. I'm off to work. I will try tonite... Thx for your help . I appreciate it. I will get back to you.
    No problem anytime

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •