Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 72

  1. #1
    Ahmed Fahmie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    36

    Angry Curve 9300 (alt-shift-del) soft reset blank white screen issue!

    i just got a curve 9300 with os 6 and the alt shift del soft reset was working great, then tried updated os bundles and when pressing alt shift del it shows blank whitescreen and wont go until pressing alt shift del again and then it resets normally!
    I tried wiping my device and re-installing the OS and still no luck,!?



  2. #2
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Fahmie View Post
    i just got a curve 9300 with os 6 and the alt shift del soft reset was working great, then tried updated os bundles and when pressing alt shift del it shows blank whitescreen and wont go until pressing alt shift del again and then it resets normally!
    I tried wiping my device and re-installing the OS and still no luck,!?
    OK, with the phone on, pull the battery and let the phone sit for a minute or two. Replace the battery and repeat twice more. Now replace the battery and let it boot up.
    Regarding the alt/shift/del key strokes; This does not do the same as a battery pull, especially after updates and/or upgrades. A true battery pull, as instructed above, is the best way to get the upgrades/updates to settle in quickly.
    Let us know how it goes.

  3. #3
    Ahmed Fahmie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    36
    thanx , i know i just love the fact that it works regarding the functionality!
    im on it and i will post the feedback , thanks again



  4. #4
    Ahmed Fahmie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    36
    tried it but still no luck!

  5. #5
    Ahmed Fahmie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
    OK, with the phone on, pull the battery and let the phone sit for a minute or two. Replace the battery and repeat twice more. Now replace the battery and let it boot up.
    Regarding the alt/shift/del key strokes; This does not do the same as a battery pull, especially after updates and/or upgrades. A true battery pull, as instructed above, is the best way to get the upgrades/updates to settle in quickly.
    Let us know how it goes.
    thanx , i know i just love the fact that it works regarding the functionality!
    im on it and i will post the feedback , thanks again



  6. #6
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    So am I correct in thinking that you did an OS upgrade and the alt/shift/del stopped working?

  7. #7
    Ahmed Fahmie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
    So am I correct in thinking that you did an OS upgrade and the alt/shift/del stopped working?
    yea but stopped working properly, it works after doing the stroke again on the white screen

  8. #8
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    That sounds like there was a "burp" during the upgrade process and something did not get downloaded correctly. What I would do is a re-install of the OS. Was the upgrade done over the air or using desktop manager? Also, what OS did you upgrade to?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blank screen for storm
    By ozzick in forum General BlackBerry Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 09:16 PM
  2. Windows shows blank screen
    By sunkast in forum PC Questions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 05:19 AM
  3. Still Looking for a Soft Reset for OS .230?
    By naillady_1 in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
  4. Soft Reset for .230
    By Orio in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •