PROBLEM - EDGE or 3G
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: PROBLEM - EDGE or 3G

  1. #1
    avrizzi is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    PROBLEM - EDGE or 3G

    Hi,

    I bought a Curve 3G 9300 at Best Buy, unlocked, for use in Brazil.

    The problem is that the phone is not connecting to 3G, just EDGE, even have tried several updates.

    Does anyone know how to solve the problem? My carrier is TIM, and the phone when I turn the device appears as Cincinnati Bell.

    Thanks.




  2. #2
    csussen's Avatar
    csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Device
    9810
    OS
    7.0.0.317
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    40 times
    What kind of updates have you tried?
    Have you already tried contacting your carrier for support?
    Do all other services like calling, browsing etc work?

  3. #3
    avrizzi is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    What kind of updates have you tried?
    Have you already tried contacting your carrier for support?
    Do all other services like calling, browsing etc work?
    Hi,

    The last update that was installed 9300M_PBr6.0.0_rel2342_PL6.6.0.195_A6.0.0.526_AT_T

    I tried contacting the carrier, but they report that everything is right on the network, and that is the problem device.

    I tried talking to Blackberry Brazil, but they report that do not support, because the equipment was purchased in the U.S..

    All services are functioning normally, the only problem is that the device does not connect to 3G, only 2G.

    Thankz.

  4. #4
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,836
    Liked
    1503 times
    This could be that you are in a area that has a weaker signal, which explains why you cannot get full 3G service. Just because you have a 3G phone does not mean you always have 3G level signal going to it. You have to be in a area that has a good 3G signal.

    Just like with the new 4G devices. You can't get 4G unless you are in a area that offers 4G.
    Youssef and csussen like this.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  5. #5
    avrizzi is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    Curve 9300
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    This could be that you are in a area that has a weaker signal, which explains why you cannot get full 3G service. Just because you have a 3G phone does not mean you always have 3G level signal going to it. You have to be in a area that has a good 3G signal.

    Just like with the new 4G devices. You can't get 4G unless you are in a area that offers 4G.
    Hi Joe,

    The city where I live has 3G coverage by my carrier.

    Yesterday I did a test with another cellphone Curve 3G 9300, purchased in Brazil, and that 3G worked without a problem, with the same provider.

    Analyzing the status of the two devices, I noticed a difference.

    In mine, that only connects 2G is: 3G Bands 1,4,8
    In acquired in Brazil, which connects 3G is: 3G Bands 1,2,5,6

    Does this have something to do? If yes, how do I change on my device so that it runs the 3G?

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,836
    Liked
    1503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by avrizzi View Post
    Hi Joe,

    The city where I live has 3G coverage by my carrier.

    Yesterday I did a test with another cellphone Curve 3G 9300, purchased in Brazil, and that 3G worked without a problem, with the same provider.

    Analyzing the status of the two devices, I noticed a difference.

    In mine, that only connects 2G is: 3G Bands 1,4,8
    In acquired in Brazil, which connects 3G is: 3G Bands 1,2,5,6

    Does this have something to do? If yes, how do I change on my device so that it runs the 3G?

    Thanks.
    Try going to your Manage Connections... Mobile Network Options... and then mess with the settings that say 'Network Selection Mode' and 'Network Technology.'

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Similar Threads

  1. EDGE "drops" to edge and browser/servicebooks sometimes missing
    By rcocchiararo in forum BlackBerry Storm 2 9550/9520
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 02:00 AM
  2. 4.7.1.42 on ATT network/ EDGE/edge issues fixed?
    By greystealth in forum 9630 Operating Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
  3. Big EDGE/ Little edge issues
    By mzkryptonite04 in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
  4. ATT Browser edge,EDGE issues after 4.7.0.148 update
    By Kinitoki in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 12:58 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •