Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by kau1225 View Post
    If you don't have MSN, I can type up the steps I went through to downgrade. It isn't relatively difficult (but then again, I grew up with technology and computers), but more so time consuming. The people at the Verizon store do not know what they are talking about. I'm surprised they would say you can not downgrade the phone.
    Its because buterfli dosn't sound like a techie that I would prefer someong helping directly, more to lessen the pain should it not go correctly.

kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    Its because buterfli dosn't sound like a techie that I would prefer someong helping directly, more to lessen the pain should it not go correctly.
    That is a good point...I still freak out sometimes when I do OS changes, even though I'm pretty confident I can fix any of the problems that might pop up. Good luck with helping him. Also, there is an official release of OS5 (5.0.0.1030) that I did not even know came out until I downgraded. So far, I've seen no issues with that release (excluding the possibility that there might be a bug with bedside mode on the phone).

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by kau1225 View Post
    That is a good point...I still freak out sometimes when I do OS changes, even though I'm pretty confident I can fix any of the problems that might pop up. Good luck with helping him. Also, there is an official release of OS5 (5.0.0.1030) that I did not even know came out until I downgraded. So far, I've seen no issues with that release (excluding the possibility that there might be a bug with bedside mode on the phone).
    Thanks Kau, I'll mention it to buterfli when they log in

thechew80 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow thechew80 On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    I have been using OS6 for about 2 weeks now and I have to say, I don't like it. I'd rather go back to OS5...does anyone have some easy to follow instructions to go back down to OS5?

kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by thechew80 View Post
    I have been using OS6 for about 2 weeks now and I have to say, I don't like it. I'd rather go back to OS5...does anyone have some easy to follow instructions to go back down to OS5?
    The easiest way to downgrade is to follow the same directions to upgrade.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

The guide above covers upgrading really well, all you need is the older OS. I'd suggest the official release 5.0.0.1030 from Sprint for the Curve 9330. I have been running it for about three weeks now and have had no problems (besides the terrible browser that plagues all of OS5).

When you go through the steps and start installing the OS, the installer will most likely warn you that you are downgrading and recommend that you do not, ignore the warning and choose the option that lets you downgrade.

Hope this helps!

jmvickers is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    BB 9700
    OS
    Last night I made the colossal mistake of syncing my replacement 9700 to my new iMac, which conveniently asked if I wanted to upgrade to the new OS 6.0. I am an idiot and I said yes. It has been a nightmare ever since. I have 85% less ringtones, the entire calendar view is different, everything about the 9700 (and OS 5.0.whatever) that I was accustomed to is now gone.

I don't deal with change very well... and I am clearly a Luddite.

Can anyone *PLEASE* help me figure out how to download the older OS not only to my iMac but then back to my 9700? I have seen nothing but confusion in the bajillion searches I have done for this...

I can't tell you how much I would appreciate some help!

Kindest regards,

Justin

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by jmvickers View Post
    Last night I made the colossal mistake of syncing my replacement 9700 to my new iMac, which conveniently asked if I wanted to upgrade to the new OS 6.0. I am an idiot and I said yes. It has been a nightmare ever since. I have 85% less ringtones, the entire calendar view is different, everything about the 9700 (and OS 5.0.whatever) that I was accustomed to is now gone.

I don't deal with change very well... and I am clearly a Luddite.

Can anyone *PLEASE* help me figure out how to download the older OS not only to my iMac but then back to my 9700? I have seen nothing but confusion in the bajillion searches I have done for this...

I can't tell you how much I would appreciate some help!

Kindest regards,

Justin
    Hello Justin, welcome to the BBOS Forum.

First you need to find out which version of OS 5 you want on your device. You can search for OS software for the 9700 in our Downloads Center.

Once you have downloaded the OS you want, just follow the advice in this post.

jmvickers is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    BB 9700
    OS
    Thank you, Joseph --- I'm trying right now... fingers crossed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast