Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times

Official: OS 6.0.0.415 for the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 from Sprint

It appears that Sprint is now pushing OS 6.0.0.415 to the Curve 3G as well. I am so glad to finally see OS 6 official for other devices other then the Torch. I am sure with this release from Sprint, that Verizon will not be too much further behind. This release was in perfect time for the holidays. If you are looking for the OTA please make sure that you are running the current Official Sprint OS (5.0.0.913). If your running a leaked OS then go ahead and grab the download from the jump below.

kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    So far (the first two hours of usage) this official OS seems great! It seems both fast and responsive, unlike some of the leaked versions of OS 6. I'm glad that Sprint released an official version at this time, since all the information I've acquired pointed to a 2011 release for the official version.

As of now, I'm glad I upgraded to this official version, although it is sad that I went through the process on my computer in my hotel room in the middle of my vacation (obviously an addiction)!

Will update the post in a few days after standard usage and playing around with more of the applications I frequently use.

Update 12/26/10:
    Of all the OS builds for the Curve 9330, this one is definitely the best. It is smoother than all the unofficial versions and feels less buggy. Unfortunately, the battery life is still not what I believe a BlackBerry should be, but it is not terrible. My number one complaint, which is something that I noticed in both the official and unofficial versions of OS 6 for the Curve 9330, is that whenever I go to open messages there is a small lag. It sometimes takes up 5-10 seconds to show the body of a message, but other times it appears nearly instantaneously.

I am glad that I updated and would recommend people on unofficial versions of OS 6 for the Curve 9330 and official and unofficial versions of OS 5 to upgrade to this version. I have tried all the official and unofficial versions of both OS 5 and OS 6 for the Curve 9330 and am quite happy with this one!

Update 12/30/10:
    Having been closer to my routine over the past few days, I am more satisfied with the battery life. Days with moderate to heavy usage starting at about 6:30-7:00 AM and ending at about 10:00 PM leave me with a battery at about 20-30%. Unfortunately, days with heavier usage still take a huge toll on the battery and force me to charge to reach the end of the day (but charging time seems to have greatly improved since from 30% to about 85% takes roughly 20 minutes). I am still quite happy with this build, but I hope future builds improve the speed times of native applications, specifically opening messages.
    Last edited by kau1225; 12-30-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Update to discuss OS/Update to Discuss Battery Life

danp2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    31CAEBFD
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    11 times
    Just updated from 357 to this and it seems stable. Obviously, the upgrade process is full of issues with 3rd party apps but other than that, seems good.

Will let you know if problems crop up.

BTW, I really like OS6, much more intuitive than anything before and the browser is really nice.

kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danp2000 View Post
    Just updated from 357 to this and it seems stable. Obviously, the upgrade process is full of issues with 3rd party apps but other than that, seems good.

Will let you know if problems crop up.

BTW, I really like OS6, much more intuitive than anything before and the browser is really nice.
    What 3rd party apps are you having problems with? All of my 3rd party apps are working fine, if not better than they were on previous builds.