skygear is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    her down
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    3 times

Leaked OS:BlackBerry Curve 9330 6.0.0.357

BlackBerry Curve 9330 Leaked OS 6.0.0.357 is here! I as really hoping there would be more love for all the RIM devices today, but its coming to a close with the CURVE as the victor. Get it while you can.

Warning: Please remember that this IS NOT an official release OS. If you wish to install this OS keep in mind that this may cause your phone to not function correctly. BlackberryOS and any other BlackberryOS Official sites are not responsible. For those of you who may have trouble upgrading, we've provided you with some guides to help you out and in case something goes wrong.

Last edited by Hodges; 11-17-2010 at 01:15 AM.

kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Has anyone attempted to upgrade to this leak? If so, how is the battery life? I'm on 6.0.0.333 and the battery life is a joke, but everything else runs pretty smoothly.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times

Avoid this Upgrade

So I decided to answer my own question after being somewhat impatient.

Yes, the battery life is better, although not considerably, on this release. While this sounds great, this release is overall terrible. It is extremely slow and feels really glitchy, even right after battery pulls. It takes a long time for SMS to open as well as emails.

I would avoid this release and stick with 6.0.0.333, which I am downgrading to this weekend. 6.0.0.333 ran extremely well compared to this and only had a few bugs that I found.

Hope this helps.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kau1225 View Post

Yes, the battery life is better, although not considerably, on this release. While this sounds great, this release is overall terrible. It is extremely slow and feels really glitchy, even right after battery pulls. It takes a long time for SMS to open as well as emails.

I would avoid this release and stick with 6.0.0.333, which I am downgrading to this weekend. 6.0.0.333 ran extremely well compared to this and only had a few bugs that I found.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for this information. How long does your battery last on .333?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Thanks for this information. How long does your battery last on .333?
    The battery life on .333 was able to last me till about 7 PM on work days. My office has terrible signal so I was quite pleased with it lasting that long. When I'm out of work, it easily lasted me for a full day, with medium to heavy use.

I actually ended up downgrading once more back to 6.0.0.280, which has the best battery life of all the versions of 6 I've used on the Curve. Both .280 and .333 are great though, just wish they were a little faster with response time.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    The battery life on .333 was able to last me till about 7 PM on work days. My office has terrible signal so I was quite pleased with it lasting that long. When I'm out of work, it easily lasted me for a full day, with medium to heavy use.

I actually ended up downgrading once more back to 6.0.0.280, which has the best battery life of all the versions of 6 I've used on the Curve. Both .280 and .333 are great though, just wish they were a little faster with response time.
    Wasn't .280 a official release?

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Wasn't .280 a official release?
    I don't believe it is. The file I have is definitely a leaked version. I have the Curve for Sprint, which I hear will be getting OS 6 official versions in January. I don't think any official OS 6 versions are out for the Curve yet.

NEL-REY is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    EMAIL ME OR IF YOU USE PING CHAT IM NEL-REY
    Device
    CURVE 9330
    OS
    5.0 TESTING 6.0.0.357
    Liked
    0 times
    just to let you guys know my upgrade is fine with very minor glitches. 1 some weather apps load on my browser slanted. i fixed it by loading another app works fine. also it seems that the email settings app is missing. i fixed that by doing a search and found that. other than that battery life is the same for me verizon 9330. true this bb6 is not official but i have to say it is very nice and totally different. one thing though all my apps seem to work fine. note: if you have iheart radio app as i do keep it during os transfer because you will not be able to download it from their website with bb6 is says its not available. but its def not glitchy on my device just allot different than other bb platforms

NEL-REY is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    EMAIL ME OR IF YOU USE PING CHAT IM NEL-REY
    Device
    CURVE 9330
    OS
    5.0 TESTING 6.0.0.357
    Liked
    0 times

question

Hope this helps.
    do you have a link for the 6.0.0.333? and is it safe on verizon?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NEL-REY View Post
    do you have a link for the 6.0.0.333? and is it safe on verizon?
    BlackBerryOS Download Center - RIM BlackBerry operating Software download center

If my memory recalls, that is the file that I used for 6.0.0.333.

I do not see any reason why it wouldn't work on Verizon as long as you delete the Vendor.xml file.

When I upgrade my device, which now seems like every other week, I use the guide on BlackBerry Fourms found below:
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

I've never had any problems when I've used this guide and even though I memorize the steps and know of a few other methods, I still follow it verbatim.

mapleleafs89 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G
    Liked
    0 times
    no 9300?

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleafs89 View Post
    no 9300?
    Here You Go !!!

9300_6.0.0.358

And you can discuss finding and fixes here.

9300_6.0.0.358 findings and fixes

Have a great day