Official OS: BlackBerry Curve 3G – 5.0.0.913
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Official OS: BlackBerry Curve 3G – 5.0.0.913

  1. #1
    horangi7's Avatar
    horangi7 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow horangi7 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9850/9930
    OS
    7.1.0.402
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    20 times

    Official OS: BlackBerry Curve 3G – 5.0.0.913


    Wow official OS releases have been cranking out quite a bit lately, this time for the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 by Sprint. I am kinda surprised that we have not seen any BlackBerry 6 releases as of yet. One can only speculate that BlackBerry 6 still has a few issues keeping it from being released. If you have yourself a BlackBerry Curve 3G and are ready to load up a newer build then hit the download link below.



    Last edited by Neolantis; 10-24-2010 at 12:52 PM.


    @horangi7


  2. #2
    kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    6.0.0.415
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    4 times

    Better build than 5.0.0.857, still some problems

    Many of the problems I encountered with 5.0.0.857 were fixed with this new release. As of now, this is the build that all Sprint models are sold with.

    Major fixes:
    Ability to edit sound profiles
    Faster response time
    Better battery life
    Stronger signal

    Major problem:
    The Pandora application doesn't seem to want to load up properly, still attempting to get it running. It ran smoothly on 5.0.0.857.
    Some other applications are not compatible with this version, including The Weather Channel, Urbansoon, and Shazam.

    All in all, worth the upgrade, however, OS6 should blow 913 to bits!


  3. #3
    MzCris is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow MzCris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    PIN
    Ask me
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    This is the original build for the Sprint BBCurve 3G 9330. Works well, but the leaked 6.0.0.280 is better, works FLAWLESSLY (the version for the Bold 9650 does as well)

  4. #4
    kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    6.0.0.415
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MzCris View Post
    This is the original build for the Sprint BBCurve 3G 9330. Works well, but the leaked 6.0.0.280 is better, works FLAWLESSLY (the version for the Bold 9650 does as well)
    I attempted to find 6.0.0.280 but couldn't find it anywhere. I originally tried to put 6.0.0.212 but it messed up my phone so I was forced to load the older build, since I couldn't find 913.

    Does Pandora work on 6.0.0.280?

  5. #5
    MzCris is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow MzCris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    PIN
    Ask me
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kau1225 View Post
    I attempted to find 6.0.0.280 but couldn't find it anywhere. I originally tried to put 6.0.0.212 but it messed up my phone so I was forced to load the older build, since I couldn't find 913.

    Does Pandora work on 6.0.0.280?
    Yes is does... no problems whatsoever. It appears that .280 && .222 have been removed. However, there is an official release from CBeyond... 5.0.0.983, available at this link:

    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...7728B4B1568D8A

    And Verizon has an official release of 5.0.0.975 at this link:

    http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

    Hope this helps. Pandora should work fine on both.
    Last edited by MzCris; 10-24-2010 at 10:11 PM.

  6. #6
    kau1225 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Device
    Blackberry Curve 3G (9330)
    OS
    6.0.0.415
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MzCris View Post
    Yes is does... no problems whatsoever. It appears that .280 && .222 have been removed. However, there is an official release from CBeyond... 5.0.0.983, available at this link:

    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...7728B4B1568D8A

    And Verizon has an official release of 5.0.0.975 at this link:

    BlackBerry® Software Updates

    Hope this helps. Pandora should work fine on both.
    You are completely right! I was able to find .280 after some intensive searching and loaded it up. It is simply superb. The entire interface has a natural feel, although, it is a little slow, but that is natural for the entry level Curve series. Plus, Pandora works!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •