4G

Thread: 4G

jameshawk1983 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jameshawk1983 On Twitter Add jameshawk1983 on Facebook
    PIN
    266BD13A
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    7 times

4G

Hi guys just being annonced that my carrier in the UK will be first to have 4g networks are BlackBerry 7 phones capable of supporting 4g or is it carrier decision weather you get it or not?

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    753 times
    BlackBerry 7 phones are capable of utilizing 4G network speeds however whether or not 4G is available in your area is solely dependent on the carrier.
    jameshawk1983 and Harmeling68 like this.

stunnar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow stunnar On Twitter Add stunnar on Facebook Add stunnar on Google+ Add stunnar on Linkedin Visit stunnar's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    293DA41E
    Device
    Z10 + 9900 + PB
    OS
    10.0 + 7.1 + 2.1
    Carrier
    VodacomSA
    Liked
    21 times

intresting

Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    BlackBerry 7 phones are capable of utilizing 4G network speeds however whether or not 4G is available in your area is solely dependent on the carrier.
    how will it be accessed and also if i wanna access the HSDPA+ network, how can i or it depends on the carrier as well?

ToraxCefiro is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow ToraxCefiro On Twitter
    Device
    BOLD 9900
    Carrier
    Globe Telecom, Inc.
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnar View Post
    how will it be accessed and also if i wanna access the HSDPA+ network, how can i or it depends on the carrier as well?
    Hello stunnar and welcome to

You can access it by by clicking the Option > Networks and Connections > Mobile network.
    Make sure that your Data Services is ON and choose the right Network Mode (2G 3G 2G&3G 4G etc depending on your carrier)

Hope that helps.
    ToraxCefiro
    Click the LIKE button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center[B] | Rules and Guidelines[B] l

jameshawk1983 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jameshawk1983 On Twitter Add jameshawk1983 on Facebook
    PIN
    266BD13A
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ice good to know that my Bold 9900 is capable of 4g speeds

parrot2716 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow parrot2716 On Twitter
    PIN
    224b5716
    Device
    bold9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    my bb 9900 does not have the 4g option available can it be downloaded

sweetrasp is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Add sweetrasp on Facebook
    PIN
    2A5AD4BA
    Device
    bold 9900
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I'm Not sure about the UK, but here in Canada we have 4G. I have the Blackberry Bold (touch) 9900 7OS and I have the 4G like I said.

stunnar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow stunnar On Twitter Add stunnar on Facebook Add stunnar on Google+ Add stunnar on Linkedin Visit stunnar's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    293DA41E
    Device
    Z10 + 9900 + PB
    OS
    10.0 + 7.1 + 2.1
    Carrier
    VodacomSA
    Liked
    21 times

Question 4G signal

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrasp View Post
    Well I'm Not sure about the UK, but here in Canada we have 4G. I have the Blackberry Bold (touch) 9900 7OS and I have the 4G like I said.
    Does the 4G signal shows on its own when the network is available?

devydonn is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow devydonn On Twitter
    PIN
    28ED03ED
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm from Philippines , no 4G yet

wjaygould is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

wjgould

I own a Blackberry Bold 9900 7.1 OS carrier: claronicaragua 3G but that is all they provide. I have 7.10 bundle 1716 7.1.0 549

Goku is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Goku On Twitter Add Goku on Facebook Visit Goku's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    29D18DEE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Bell
    Liked
    24 times
    Lets clarify what "4G" is actually supposed to mean. It is supposed to mean LTE. Currently there are NO LTE BlackBerry Smartphones on the market. The ONLY true 4G device from RIM in market is the BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE Tablet. The Bold 9900 does NOT have true 4G, it has HSPA+. Unless your carrier was not using HSPA+ beforehand, you shouldn't notice any carrier speed improvements.

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Lets clarify what "4G" is actually supposed to mean. It is supposed to mean LTE. Currently there are NO LTE BlackBerry Smartphones on the market. The ONLY true 4G device from RIM in market is the BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE Tablet. The Bold 9900 does NOT have true 4G, it has HSPA+. Unless your carrier was not using HSPA+ beforehand, you shouldn't notice any carrier speed improvements.
    You have a (technically) valid point. AgentBlackBerry and I had a disagreement on this very subject, so we worked together to find out the true meaning of 4G and HSPA+. While HSPA+ is not 4G, it is close enough that the International Telecommunications Union-Radio communications sector (ITU-R), allowed the carriers of North America to market HSPA+ as 4G. That's the reason you see 4G and LTE being branded separately in NA. HSPA+ can be considered 3.5G, so rounding up to 4 is not considered false. Also, LTE (3.9G) is not a true 4G tech, as it does not conform to all the specs, however LTE Advanced does.
    Last edited by BBSuperAbuser; 12-13-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Goku likes this.

Goku is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Goku On Twitter Add Goku on Facebook Visit Goku's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    29D18DEE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Bell
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBSuperAbuser View Post
    You have a (technically) valid point. AgentBlackBerry and I had a disagreement on this very subject, so we worked together to find out the true meaning of 4G and HSPA+. While HSPA+ is not 4G, it is close enough that the International Telecommunications Union-Radio communications sector (ITU-R), allowed the carriers of North America to market HSPA+ as 4G. That's the reason you see 4G and LTE being branded separately in NA. HSPA+ can be considered 3.5G, so rounding up to 4 is not considered false. Also, LTE (3.9G) is not a true 4G tech, as it does not conform to all the specs, however LTE Advanced does.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. To the average user or "non-geek" let's say, all it really is would be marketing. 4G just sounds better than saying 3.5G, 3.75G or 3.9G.

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times
    Exactly. "In marketing you must choose between boredom, shouting and seduction. Which do you want?" Roy H. Williams

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    147 times
    I had no idea that the Bold's were capable of utilizing "4g". Sprint has announced 4g coming to my area soon (hope it's not the RIM type of "soon" ). Hopefully within 2 months it won't really matter when I retire this Bold 9930 and have a BB10 in my hands.
    stunnar and spencerdl like this.
    BB then, now, forever!

spencerdl is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    White Z10/PB
    Carrier
    VeriZon
    Liked
    21 times
    4g speeds on the 9930 would be nice, but kinda late for me as I'm looking forward to BB10 in a couple more weeks

PIN
    293DA41E
    Device
    Z10 + 9900 + PB
    OS
    10.0 + 7.1 + 2.1
    Carrier
    VodacomSA
    Liked
    21 times
    Also want a BB10 ppl, and the update to the playbook...
    @stunnar