I can't connect using blackberry.net as access point on my carrier network with os 7.0 and above

Thread: I can't connect using blackberry.net as access point on my carrier network with os 7.0 and above

ikennandy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

I can't connect using blackberry.net as access point on my carrier network with os 7.0 and above

I can't connect my blackberry to desktop manager as a modem using blackberry.net as access point with bold 9900 os 7.0 & 7.1, pls how do i connect. I have tried all the process but it will not connect, but it only connect with Torch 9800 os 6.0 and any other lower version. but when i use my carrier network MTN NIGERIA access point (web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net) it will work perfect on the bold 9900 and wen i try blackberry.net it will not. Pls help thanks

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    750 times
    First make sure you have the correct user name and password for your APN. I think the ones for MTN are as follows:

Access Point: blackberry.net
    Username: web
    Password: web

Access Point: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
    Username: web
    Password: web

It is possible that the blackberry.net APN is not available on your carrier, according to your carriers website web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net is what you are supposed to be using.
    TwistMyMind and Joe Jerde like this.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Dang Ice, looks like you hit over 2,000 posts!

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

stunnar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow stunnar On Twitter Add stunnar on Facebook Add stunnar on Google+ Add stunnar on Linkedin Visit stunnar's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    293DA41E
    Device
    Z10 + 9900 + PB
    OS
    10.0 + 7.1 + 2.1
    Carrier
    VodacomSA
    Liked
    21 times

also wanna know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    First make sure you have the correct user name and password for your APN. I think the ones for MTN are as follows:Access Point: blackberry.netUsername: webPassword: webAccess Point: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.netUsername: webPassword: webIt is possible that the blackberry.net APN is not available on your carrier, according to your carriers website web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net is what you are supposed to be using.
    also wanna know if my carrier is vodacomSA and supports the blackberry.net; does this mean the internet browsing will be free using it via my PC?

Device
    Liked
    0 times

Still can't connect with blackberry.net as APN

I Have tried all the APN it will not work on bold 9900, right now am browsing with torch 9800 with APN blackberry.net,username web, password web it works perfect on os 6.0 and below, and os 7.0 will not connect and when you try it indicate wireless radio turn off by network. my carrier network is MTN NIGERIA. pls help

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnar View Post
    also wanna know if my carrier is vodacomSA and supports the blackberry.net; does this mean the internet browsing will be free using it via my PC?
    Your answer from Vodacom is here:

On-device browsing constitutes any WEB/WAP sites accessed across the blackberry.net APN whilst utilising the BlackBerry browser. Utilising the BlackBerry browser, customers are able to browse and use mobile content and services on the BlackBerry smartphone. Customers have access to on-device real-time browsing consumption subject to the Data Fair Usage Policy. Content acquired in this manner is intended for consumption on the respective device. The on-device browsing includes on-device social networking (e.g. Facebook, BlackBerry Messenger and Twitter) as well as the viewing of e-mail messages, appointments, contacts, tasks and memos. Vodacom; may from time to time identify certain websites with Research In Motion, where access to these sites will be charged for at the customer`s prevailing data tariff plan. Certain sites, for example sites where you are able to download music will have separate terms and conditions governing the use of the site and downloading of its content, and it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with such terms and conditions.

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    750 times
    So the 9900 wont connect using web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net ?

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    It does,not only 9900 but all the os 7.0. But the tariff plan is cheaper,better and faster on APN blackberry.net than APN web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ikennandy View Post
    It does,not only 9900 but all the os 7.0. But the tariff plan is cheaper,better and faster on APN blackberry.net than APN web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
    Are you sure you did not mean your 9800 in this message? I think you are trying to say that your 9900 wont connect.

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    My bold 9900 IS NOT connecting, while torch 9800 connects and it works perfects, and i have try that with so many other 9900 still the same

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    750 times
    Unless someone else can confirm the the blackberry.net APN works on nigeriaMTN there is not much else you can do besides try another OS update.

keed is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ikennandy View Post
    I can't connect my blackberry to desktop manager as a modem using blackberry.net as access point with bold 9900 os 7.0 & 7.1, pls how do i connect. I have tried all the process but it will not connect, but it only connect with Torch 9800 os 6.0 and any other lower version. but when i use my carrier network MTN NIGERIA access point (web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net) it will work perfect on the bold 9900 and wen i try blackberry.net it will not. Pls help thanks
    I have the same problem but the difference is, blackberry.net as the access point isn't working for me and I use a  9800 with a 6.0 O/S but when I changed the access point to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, it worked but they were removing my credit. And not supposedly using my blackberry subscription service as a modem. Is there any work around, or any other valid access point I can use to connect my blackberry as a modem without MTN removing my credit? Urgent help and answers needed! Thank you..

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by keed View Post
    I have the same problem but the difference is, blackberry.net as the access point isn't working for me and I use a  9800 with a 6.0 O/S but when I changed the access point to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, it worked but they were removing my credit. And not supposedly using my blackberry subscription service as a modem. Is there any work around, or any other valid access point I can use to connect my blackberry as a modem without MTN removing my credit? Urgent help and answers needed! Thank you..
    - - - Updated - - -

Urs is very simple, ur 9800 is branded right? If it's all u need to do is to look for unbranded bold 9700 or torch 9800 wit MTN BIS on it, connect with it. And when u are done, disconnect it and put back ur 9800 and connect. If disconnection persist contact me twitter, @ikennandy
    Last edited by Joe Jerde; 02-17-2013 at 04:32 PM.

keed is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Nah, it isn't branded.. Alright then.