Thread: Question: Contacts from Media Card

thelimoboy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Bold 9900
    Liked
    0 times

Question Question: Contacts from Media Card

Hey all,

I'm new here so sorry if this question has been asked before. Recently, a window popped up telling me my application memory was low so I should consider deleting some applications. I followed the suggestion and deleted some apps. It said my phone needed to restart to finalize these changes. I hit restart on the popup window and after the phone booted up, all my contacts in the Address Book were gone.

I tried restoring to a previous date through Blackberry Desktop Manager but it didn't solve the contacts problem. I'm not sure, but the manager might be suggesting that my contacts are on my media card and not the SIM card. I have never intentionally played around with the settings to save my contacts on my media card vs. my SIM card and from my Google search, it doesn't seem like Blackberry knows how to extract contacts from the media card.

So right now, I have zero phone contacts and I don't know what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimoboy View Post
    Hey all,

I'm new here so sorry if this question has been asked before. Recently, a window popped up telling me my application memory was low so I should consider deleting some applications. I followed the suggestion and deleted some apps. It said my phone needed to restart to finalize these changes. I hit restart on the popup window and after the phone booted up, all my contacts in the Address Book were gone.

I tried restoring to a previous date through Blackberry Desktop Manager but it didn't solve the contacts problem. I'm not sure, but the manager might be suggesting that my contacts are on my media card and not the SIM card. I have never intentionally played around with the settings to save my contacts on my media card vs. my SIM card and from my Google search, it doesn't seem like Blackberry knows how to extract contacts from the media card.

So right now, I have zero phone contacts and I don't know what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Hello thelimoboy, and welcome to

Do you remember what applications you deleted on your BlackBerry Bold 9900?

For your info, it is possible to extract contacts to, let's say .CSV, or other MS Office formats via a third party application from BlackBerry App World.

Keep me posted.

Thank you.

Device
    Bold 9900
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Hello thelimoboy, and welcome to

Do you remember what applications you deleted on your BlackBerry Bold 9900?

For your info, it is possible to extract contacts to, let's say .CSV, or other MS Office formats via a third party application from BlackBerry App World.

Keep me posted.

Thank you.
    The apps I deleted were: DriveSafe.ly, Foursquare, Google Sync, Popup.

What steps should I take now?

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    The apps I deleted were: DriveSafe.ly, Foursquare, Google Sync, Popup.

What steps should I take now?
    I have received your response, and will return hopefully with a solution that will find a way to get your BlackBerry contacts back on your device.

In the meantime, have you copied any contacts over to your SIM card prior to this issue?

Thank you.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Google Sync for BlackBerry

I assume the Popup application is the Bellshare application called BerryPopup v1.5.15, which I also have on my BlackBerry, and is not the reason you have lost your contacts, but if I may suggest taking a serious look at Google Sync which was on your BlackBerry Bold 9900.

I have a funny feeling when you deleted that application, it somehow deleted your contacts.

So, this is my solution.

Re-install Google Sync on your BlackBerry Bold 9900, and retrieve your entire contact list.

Once successful, create a backup via BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, which I will provide the official link below for you.

BlackBerry - Desktop Manager for PC

Keep us posted if you require further help.

Thank you.

Device
    Bold 9900
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Google Sync for BlackBerry

I assume the Popup application is the Bellshare application called BerryPopup v1.5.15, which I also have on my BlackBerry, and is not the reason you have lost your contacts, but if I may suggest taking a serious look at Google Sync which was on your BlackBerry Bold 9900.

I have a funny feeling when you deleted that application, it somehow deleted your contacts.

So, this is my solution.

Re-install Google Sync on your BlackBerry Bold 9900, and retrieve your entire contact list.

Once successful, create a backup via BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, which I will provide the official link below for you.

BlackBerry - Desktop Manager for PC

Keep us posted if you require further help.

Thank you.
    Your first reply reminded me that Google Sync might have had something to do with it. I reinstalled it and got my contacts back. Thanks for the reminder!

Is there any way to copy these existing contacts in my Address Book without adding them individually through the SIM Phone Book?

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Your first reply reminded me that Google Sync might have had something to do with it. I reinstalled it and got my contacts back. Thanks for the reminder!

Is there any way to copy these existing contacts in my Address Book without adding them individually through the SIM Phone Book?
    Glad to hear it thelimoboy!

As for copying existing BlackBerry contacts in your address book, you mean contact list in your Bold 9900?

I would simply make a complete backup of your contact list via BlackBerry Desktop Manager first, because there are limitations when it comes to copying contacts to the SIM card, only 1 contact 1 phone number, up to a maximum of 250 contacts on the SIM card.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.
    ice2921 likes this.

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    751 times

Do you use Outlook?